Tuesday, October 26, 2010

October 22, 2010

Hey Family,

Sorry but I have had a hard time getting letters out to everyone with
the little time I have had. So I am writing one big one and you can
send it to others.

Dad- Sounds like everything went smooth with the camping trip which is
awesome. Basil sounds like he had a great time and that is good. Sorry
about the Cougs though. I don't think my jags are doing to hot right
now either. It is a good time for me to be out here haha.

Family- Well this week was a little more difficult. As the time goes
on the more I get excited to get out to the field and really have an
effect on peoples lives. I get my flight plans next week which is
gonna be like christmas. But on monday I got called to the travel
office and they told me my police clearance letter was rejected,
because I had P. in my middle name instead of the whole name. It was a
real set back. I was pretty down all day. They told me their are two
options. 1 is that I will get reassigned somewhere if they think the
visa will take over a month. 2 they will keep me here till my visa
comes if it is under 3 weeks. Which I think I would prefer getting out
of here. 9 weeks is definitely enough.

But my teacher told me something that really helped. That God only
gives us trials when He knows we can take it. It really helped me get
a better prospective on everything. Later that night we were reading
stuff on how the Holy Ghost helps us. For some reason that whole day I
kept thinking about the time about 2 weeks before i left and we were
camping with debbies family and I went out for a sec and decided out
their that I was going to put everything I can into this mission.
Then, in my class we read D&C 6: its somewhere like 20-24. somewhere
in there and it talks about how god talks to you. It was pretty
awesome.

Other than that not much. The usual routine of the MTC. Having fun
with my District, well some of them. My comp is the best and more so
is my family. Thank you for all the support and I can't wait till I am
in the field and get to share great stories for everyone. Love you all
and talk to you next week. Hopefully with better news. Don't get me
wrong here though I am still having a blast and learning a ton.

Well love you all and talk to you later.

Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment