Monday, February 7, 2011

February 7, 2011

¡Hola Familia!

Wow, sounds like this weekend was one crazy weekend for everyone. People breaking bones, winning and losing money, and... oh ya! The SUPERBOWL! ya I really can't even believe it was yesterday. I was talking to another missionary yesterday and I was like, "I have been in the field for Christmas and New Years, but I think that missing the Superbowl was harder than the both haha". It was really weird. I really didn't even think about it much. I had actually forgotten about it til one of my investigators said he was watching his favorite program on TV and asked me what mine was. I said sports and that's when it popped into my head the game was on. Sounds like it was an alright game. Sounded like what was going on outside of the game was better haha.

This week has been another crazy week. A bit harder than all the other weeks. We got out and worked a lot. We went with members a lot, which is great, and went to this new part of our area (which takes a 20 minute bus ride then an hour walk to get there). It is really far away, but they had some good references and we found some really great people. We decided to go back 2 days later. We walked all that way and got there to find out the most positive of them all is in the hospital and is dying. It was a real blow. She was like great 2 days before.

We went to the next house and he wasn't there. Nobody was there in the whole area. So we ended up wasting a good 4 hours with the walk and all. We came back and talked to our investigators and everyone said they can't come to church cause in the most positive area we have they are now having meetings for the community every Sunday at 9. Which is right when our church is. Then we found out that night that an investigator family moved away without us even knowing and one of our investigators has decided he likes sinning to much and doesn't want to quit. It was a bad day.

The next day was Sunday and NONE of our investigators came. It was rough. We went back to the house for lunch and just were dead. We decided to analyze everything we are doing and why this week was so rough. What we did good last change that gave us success and what we should do better now. We went through everything and listened to the talk from this past general conference from Pres Uchtdorf. We felt really good after and figured out what we needed to do.

Yesterday ended up being a great day with a lot of great lessons with great people. This week was really hard, but I like to read Ether 12:6 that talks about how God gives us trials so that our faith will grow. Sometimes it feels we can't take it and that we don´t have the faith or God abandoned us, but really it is just a trial and after how much our faith really does grow. Really I learned a whole lot about patience this week.

But really everything is good here. This Wednesday I went with this new elder for a day. He had 3 days here in El Salvador when we went out and he was in the whole, "What the heck is going on" phase. It was hilarious. We went to my area where there are tin houses and his area is the city, so he hadn't seen all this yet. He was so amazed. We had a fun time. I was just trying to excite him for the work. I showed him like the cool things of El Salvador and bot him some pupusas also. It was fun and i think it helped him.

It was a real test for me though. Cause I had to talk the whole time, cause he can't, but it went super well. We had some really good lessons.

other than that not much, thanks for the recording. It was sweet to hear you all. Holy smoke Ash and Ozz sounded so so stinking old. I can´t believe you bought (ps it took me like 5 minutes to figure out how to spell bought. I think I spelled it wrong farther up too) skinny jeans for ozzy haha. I hope that everything goes good this week for you all and you all can recover nicely. Especially Vicki haha. If it is any consolation my Zone Leader has to get a rout canal in 2 teeth tomorrow. & they say it will take 3 visits. Crazy. I was telling him about when I got my Rout canal off and how I went to the STF like red faced and on the verge of tears. I don't know if that helped him or not now thinking about it haha.

Well love you all and hope everything is going well. Everything is good here. I am having fun and am safe and I hope you all are too! talk to you all next week.

Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment