Tuesday, February 1, 2011

January 31, 2011

Hey Family y Friends!

Another Crazy week over here in the Savior(For those who don´t understand (cough*hilary*), El Salvador in English means the Savior). We have been working our butts off like usual. Really this week doesn't even feel like it happened. I actually wasn't even in my area for half the week. The end of the months are always crazy in the mission cause you are running to get everything done.

This week we had to do 4 intercambios (I can't remember the word in English, but it is like interchanges I think or divisions where a set of missionaries switch for a day) this week and it was fun but crazy. I went to the area of the ZL's one day then to the are of another then Elder Bonilla went to the area of the ZL's and the other the next day. So we pretty much haven´t even been companions this week haha. We came back and smelt terrible and had worn the same clothes for like 3 days. It was crazy, but in the end we had the fruits of our labor.

3 weeks ago we baptized these two girls(Susanna y Paz) and they are sisters and they have another sister who is 16 and is a rebel. We had tried working with her and she didn't really want anything. The night that her two sisters got baptized there house got robbed of like everything. I think I might have told you this, but it has a purpose to tell it again. The next day we went and talked to them and consoled them and gave the mom a blessing. The 16 year old daughter (Blanca) was really worried and distraught. through that next week we talked to her more and more. She went to church with us that Sunday and it went really well. She started to read the Book of Mormon and after she told us she wanted to be baptized. And this weekend, on Sunday, I got the privilege to baptize her.

She really was a miracle and it was an awesome baptism. Everyone from the Branch came I swear cause they all love the family. We have now baptized the 3 daughters and only the mom is left. We have been telling her after the baptism, "You're next" haha. She wants to get baptized and has really seen the change in her daughters lives. It really is amazing how bright the 3 of them are and I freaking love going over to there tin house and seeing all of them smiling and we sometimes make tortillas and stuff. They are awesome. God really does provide comfort and blessings through obedience.

The pictures are from the baptism. I forgot my flip flops and it is a rule here that you can't walk anywhere with bare feet. So I only had my black socks so I had to wear them and everyone there got the biggest kick. Elder Bonilla thought it was hilarious. He was like crying from laughter.

Other big news of this week is that last night we got news of Changes. We have all heard that our Zone is going to change a lot, but in the end only two companionships have changes. But neither are mine. I am going to be with Elder Bonilla again here in Trebol and I could not be more excited.

After our baptism yesterday we got the news and had decided to take a 30 minute break at 6, cause I had been fasting for forever and we had to skip study time and lunch to prepare for the baptism(It seriously was a crazy day). We started talking about all our plans for the next 6 weeks and we went through every person we had like met in the past 3 months that could possibly really benefit from us right now. After 30 minutes we were about to leave and he turned to me and said, "Elder Gillette, estoy muy contento a ser su compañero otra vez". I was actually taken back cause what he said is pretty much "Elder Gillette, I am really happy to be your companion once again". After hating eac hother for a whole change and a lot of fighting. It was amazing to hear the progress that we have had. God really does know what, and who, will make us grow the most. My testimony seriously has grown of how patience and humility(mixed with the scriptures) and especially love, can solve any problem. I truly am excited for this next change.

Well other than that I don´t think I have any other big news. It was pretty big to me that I got to take my first hot shower this week in 3 months. I took a 30 minute shower in hot water. It was amazing. It was like burning hot, but I didn't even care.
OH and freaking the Superbowl is this week! I can't even believe I have made it through a whole NFL season and playoffs. Went fast. But if any of you are wondering who I am rooting for I will tell you. I am going for........ THE STEELERS! I am actually glad I am on the mission cause The Steelers are freaking always in the Superbowl and I don´t like Aaron Rodgers at all. So God is blessing me with that also. jk. I hope you all enjoy the game.

Well there goes another week. I have been gone for about 5 months now and it really does surprise me how fast time has gone. Kylie I can´t believe that you only have 15 weeks left. That feels like nothing. Well its about 3 or 4 months still I guess. But I love you all and thanks for everything. I am excited for another good week ahead of me. One of my good friends here Elder Finlinson told me this saying I really like and I am ending with.

"The Church is true, the Book is blue, and God's a Mormon" I think its hilarious.

¡Love you all!

Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment