Monday, June 13, 2011

June 13, 2011: Blood Drive

Hola Familia!

Hello everyone, How is everyone doing up in Utah. I hope it isn't as hot up there as it is here. It is terrible. Everyday we are sweating so stinking much. It is terrible, but the good part is in the night is rains and makes it nice and cool. So that is the bonus. This week though in all actually was a little bit longer. Only because I feel like I did so much. Every day we did something different.

I thought I would start out saying that I am changing missions. Well our mission changed and so did the mission address. We no longer have San Salvador and a couple other cities which kind of sucks. But here is the new address* just in case you all want to send mail or anything. SO if you want to send something send it to this and NOT the old one

*(Note: If you would like Dano's new address, leave a comment with your email address and I will email you his new address)

So we started out this week going to Tazumal. It was so stinking cool. Dad, if we ever come back to El Salvador after the mission you would absolutely love it so much. It is pretty big, but everyone tells me that in Guatemala there are bigger ones. We weren't able to climb up the tallest part, but we got to go to some pretty cool places. We spent all day there and it was a lot of fun. I am sending a lot of pictures and it pretty much explains the whole day. From what I remember Tazumal was created in like 300 ac. I sent a picture of this picture that they had from when they first found Tazumal. It just looks like a mount of dirt. It is sweet to see how it changed. We had a great time and after we went to the little shops outside and I bought a couple cool things there. It is sweet to really see the culture here. the only thing that does suck is that everyone sees that I am a gringo and tries to sell stuff for some way expensive price. Like I wanted to buy the money that they used here in El Salvador (Colòn) and she wanted to sell me a 10 cent piece for 3 dollars. I was like whatever. You can sometimes find those around.

We did get to climb on some of the parts of the ruins and they were sweet. All of us gringos decided to take a Splash Mountain photo on the ruins.

We also had our changes this week. Our zone didn't change barely at all. The best part was that Elder Stone came here to Ahuachapan. So it was good to see him again.

This Saturday we got a call at 6 in the morning that our stake here was going to do a blood drive. So we went there all day to contact the people who came. They ended up asking me and another Elder to dress up in these blood drop outfits and it was so stinking hilarious. I wish I would have brought my camera, but I forgot it. We got to go out on the street and invite all the people to donate blood.

Lets see other than that we have just been working a lot. This family we have been teaching (Victor and Rosa) are now thinking they are going to split up which is super sad, but Victor has started drinking again and now doesn't want Rosa to go to church. They aren't married, but she told us yesterday that she is leaving him so she can get baptized. She really wants to follow Christ and it is super hard for her right now. Her dad died like 4 years ago and now her mom is just about to die. She is 20 years old and has a 6 year old kid. This girl needs prayers,but she is super powerful and loves church.

We are teaching another guy Kevin. he came to church yesterday also and he is doing really good. He is in love with this member and he will probably get baptized this next weekend.
Other than these people that is about it. We have a couple other great people, but we will see how they progress.

OH and so this week I was talking to this member that lives here and he was telling me how he makes things of leather. So I was asking what he can make. He told me like wallets and scripture covers. So I bought a wallet and it is the COOLEST thing I have ever ever seen in my life. I sent a picture so you could all see it wonderfulness. If any of you want one just let me know.

So other than this I think that just about does my week in a short summary. I kind of have to hurry cause everyone wants to go play soccer and I still have to write president. But I love you all and I can´t even believe how old Asher looks. I saw the picture of him at the pool and the baseball game and I can't even believe it. Basil too.

Oh and congrats to Boyd and passing that test. I remember him talking about all that stuff like years ago. That is a sweet accomplishment.

One of my good friends in my zone is from Columbia and I told him Jake is going to Cali and he said it is the best part of Columbia. His mission has like the sweetest parts, but tells him to watch out cause the girls there are really pretty haha.

Well I got to go, but I will talk to you all next week and I always pray for you all and love you. The temple open house is in less than a month CRAZY! Love you all!
Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment