Monday, June 6, 2011

June 6, 2011: ¡lo Logramos!

hola familia,

Well another week down in the mission field. How crazy right? This week was a lot of fun, but now... I can't even remember what I did. I know that I did stuff, but I don`t remember exactly what I did. Well first off I should start off by saying that last week when I wrote we had 21 baptisms in my zone and we ended up at the end of march with 24. So this was a pretty good month. We beat the record of Ahuachapan and the best part is that a lot of the baptisms were families. Which baptizing a family is like the best feeling ever, cause it is a lot harder for a family to go inactive as someone alone. So tomorrow we are going to go to a historic site here in Ahuachapan called Tazumal. I am excited to finally see my first like stuff from the Mayas. So next week I will be sure to send some sweet pictures from over there.

Let's see. We also got news today of Transfers. Ya if you all can believe it it is already transfers again. They all go so fast. Looks like I will be staying here another 6 weeks with Elder Romero. So that is really sweet. We have a lot to do in this area and I am excited to have more time here, because last transfer when I left after only 6 weeks it was a total bummer. So this should be fun.

Everyone here though is starting to get ready for the temple. It will be doing its Open House starting July first til July 23. That is less than a month away til it starts. So we have to invite EVERYONE to this. So that is super exciting. We got news this week that our ward will have like 4 hours to itself for the temple and that we are going to have to fill some buses. But the crazy thing is is that they told our ward that we have to fill 5 buses! which the buses here are pretty big and that means if you do the math that our ward has to bring 550 people! K, our ward has usually around 100 people. We have to start inviting EVERYONE in order to fill these buses. this will probably be a crazy month trying to fill all these buses. It will be fun though in the end and a great experience for those who go to the temple. What we figure is that every member needs to bring 5 friends. IF every member does that then we will fill all the buses. So let's all pray.

This week though we started trying to visit more of the members to get them excited for the temple and try and get some references from them. We usually only just left with a handful of mangoes, but a couple people gave us references and so that was good. We went one day this week with this lady who knows everybody in our area. She showed us the houses of like 20 Inactive members. So we will have to go check that out and see how they are doing.

This week we decided to have a little bit of fun in our house again this week and we decided to have a fire and cook marshmallows and hot dogs. It was a lot of fun. We have like an entrance to our house which is like a drive way, but it is gated in and big. So we did it out there. It was a lot of fun and it felt good to eat hot dogs again.

We have right now a couple people that are progressing. One is a 19 year old guy who thinks he is in love with a member and is going to ask the girls parents to marry her this week. So that will be interesting. Our other family is having a lot of troubles right now so that kind of scares me.

But sorry I don´t have more time cause we are going to Santa Ana today to eat with President. SWEET! So I will talk to you all next week. Love you all.

Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment