Monday, November 14, 2011

November 14, 2011: Ya quieremos pastel!

Hola Familia,







Wow this was a filled week. We really passed just hanging out with the members it felt like, but looking back at the week we did a ton. Lets start out with the mission stuff that happened this week.

One of my recent converts, Ricardo, gave us a reference this week of his friend Gerardo and he is super positive. He had some awesome questions for us and he came to church this week. He originally wasn't going to go, but we caught him as we were going to go to church and he was like why not. So he joined us the first hour.

Like I talked about also the past week that we were going to have 2 baptisms this week and they went super well. One of the people called us Wednesday and told us that they couldn't do it on the original day of Saturday and that they wanted to do it the very next day. So we had to get everything ready super fast. Not very many people showed up, but the whole family came and brought friends which was awesome and it was really spiritual. The other baptism was done the original day and went really well also. We had a ton of members come which was sweet.

So this week was my comp (Elder Hobbs) b-day. So this ward is so amazing and they invited us over to eat cake and dinner like 5 times. I really feel like I am in a ward in Utah. Everyone is willing to give food, or service, or whatever and it is just amazing. I am thoroughly enjoying it.

The first house we went to we ate the best chocolate cake I have eaten in my whole time here in El Salvador. Nothing here comes in comparison with the Sweet Tooth Fairy, but it was still really good.

We went to eat right after and the family was so awesome. They feel like family and it was a lot of fun. We all got around to take a picture and right before they took the picture I decided to shove the face of my comp in the cake. As I shoved with one of my hands he was like resisting and I put my other hand on and gave him a huge shove into the cake and the cake was splattered. It was so Hilarious. we all busted up laughing and we took the picture and I sent that one to you all. It was so much fun. He had like fruit and everything on his face. He went to wash his face off and he came back and we were all eating. We all had our piece of cake and we went to take another pic just me and him and he slammed his cake in my face. He got me super good and then I got the dad of the fam a little. It was a lot of fun and this fam is really awesome. I sent the picture of the whole fam.

Then we went over for one last one with this awesome family that does a ton for us. The kid is 18 and his name is Jairo and he comes to teach with us everyday. So we are super tight with them. We went over and we went to take another picture with the fam and the cake and Elder Hobbs was like, hey don't push my head into the cake. I was like ok. Right before we took the picture Jairo slammed his face in the cake. It was awesome.

Really it was quite a fun week and I am excited for more. I really like this area.

Krick that is my address for the mission. and Dad there are 18 zone leaders so not all of them are there and there are about 190 missionaries. The mission office is in a stake center. There is like a side part for the offices.

Well got to go. Love you all.

Hasta pronto,

Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment