Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January 10th, 2011

Hola familia,

Wow, another week gone. Has felt like nothing this week. Pretty crazy. We worked super super hard this week. I can tell all of you weren´t ready for me to write this early cause I only got letters from Mom, kels and krik, but its alright. I know it has been a busy week for all.

So this week we decided to really make work of the 11 people who came to church and just go everywhere. One of our areas really has 3 different areas. It is gigantic! it takes 30 minutes to walk to one of the areas and 30 minutes in bus to the other and 45 minutes in the back of a pickup to it. It is crazy and I had never been to the farther two til this week. We decided to just go, feeling that it was a good idea, and it definitely was. We found a ton of great positive people and got a lot of help from the members.

We also have worked like crazy in the closer area called Los Sentimientos, which translated is the Feelings haha. We have been eating like in a faster time and leaving earlier to try and get more work time in. We set dates this week with 9 people to be baptized and 2 to get married at the end of January. We are working like crazy and teaching a lot. It has been fun though to really get to know these people.

There are these two girls who have gone to church for forever and we thought they were members, but we are helping reactivate this lady and she told us that they aren't. So we have been teaching those two and there older sis and mom and have dates with them.

We are hoping to have 15 baptisms in January which would tie the record here for baptisms in one month. Which we aren't like trying for numbers or anything, but my ZL just told me that. Things have been working out lately.

My comp found out this week he is on the list for the people to go to Belize. Which is really cool and really sucky. These are the reasons why

GOOD
1. Really beautiful
2. They send the like best missionaries there cause they pretty much have their own little mission. The president is in a whole different country and for 2 missionaries they are on an island 2 hours by boat away from land.
3. You get bicycles.

BAD
1. It is HOT HOT HOT. He would go for the hottest part too. So if you want to lose wait you go there.
2. Really hard to get baptism or accepted into houses.
3. Once you get sent there you will usually be there at least a year. So in his case finish his mission there.

I think it is freaking sweet and have seen a lot of stuff from there and I want to serve there. He is worried also because of the language. Not only does he not really speak English, but they speak Creole. Which is like Jamaican I hear. I want to go so I can learn it. We will just see what happens I guess.

It is crazy to think that I am already done with one NFL season. Its to bad the Jags didn't make it, but I would rather have them not make it than them like winning the Superbowl haha.

I was wondering if you ever got the letter I sent also? I am going to try and send more handwritten letters cause really they are just better and I figured out how to use the post office here.

Really just working a lot. I will be writing in my journal one night and the next thing I am doing is writing in it again the next day. Yesterday I brought this guy who hasn't come to church in a while to church and while in the Gospel Principles class, while talking about repentance, he just started to ball. I never at home realized how going to church really is impactful. It was awesome to see and seriously feel the spirit.

I am in Alma 30 in my Spanish Book of Mormon and starting Mosiah in English. I hope to finish them both soon. It will feel like a great accomplishment finishing the BOM in Spanish.

Well I think that is all I got this week. Love you all and think about you every night. Hope everything is going good and talk to you soon.

Elder Gillette

PS I am also sending a picture of the church/plaza in the center of town. Its pretty cool and also a picture HNO Barriento and his family. He is our cook and his name Juan Carlos. I have told you a bit about him. They are like my favorite. The best part is this pic is from Christmas eve and a tradition here is on Christmas eve you wear new clothes. So his shirt is his new clothes and I love it. Plus in Latin American countries they don´t smile for pictures. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment