Monday, January 17, 2011

January 17, 2011

Hey family,

Another good week here in EL SAL. I feel super blessed to be here. Although we have definitely had difficulties also. But overall not much to complain about. For some reason I feel like I don´t have a super ton to write about, then I think about the week and realize how much we really have done.

The big news for this week is we worked super hard with these three girls. They are younger, 2 are 10 years old and the other is 13, and we talked to them everyday and worked really hard and on Saturday they were baptized. It was awesome and there families came and everything. It was good that they are all around the same age cause they had a blast. 2 of them are sisters so that was really cool for them. They are really sweet and 2 of them asked me to baptize them and it really was awesome.

Kind of crazy though cause the day we baptized them was Saturday and that night there house got robbed. They live in one of those tin houses and not very protected. The next day the 2 girls were back in church though and all smiles. They weren't like phased by it. We past by later and the mom and the other sister were really having troubles. We gave the mom a blessing and it was awesome. The sister wants to be baptized, she just has to come to church now. The two I think really helped the mom and the sister.

We were passing by our mission leaders house and he had the TV on and we just passed by to tell him about the baptisms when I looked up and saw the bulls playing the bobcats. It felt so weird to see that. It has just been such a long long time. I had to turn the other way so I wouldn't get my like eyes glued to the TV.

But this week we are preparing for another baptism and so that is our main focus. This Sunday kind of sucked, cause everyone that has a baptismal date didn't come to church. So we had to postpone some of the people. Yesterday we got kind of hit with a lot. One of our most faithful and positive investigator that had a date for the 22 of January has a boyfriend that was at her house this week and told us he will not allow her to be baptized. So that kind of sucks. They have a kid together, but don´t live together and I thought ended things a while ago. And she might be moving too.

But over all everything is really good. I have gotten better at making pupusas. I have been helping people a lot with them and it is a good way to meet people actually haha.

I can´t believe it is cold over there though. I realized this week how tan I actually am. Oh and hey! how did Alex´s farewell go? Kelsy never wrote me to tell me. Just to busy now with boys i guess. haha

Well other than that we had like a meeting this week in San Salvador and the head architect of the temple here came. He is actually like called on a mission and his name is Elder Fenn. He showed us all these pictures of the temple, like the digital ones that they made first and how it has looked through the process and looks now. It was so cool! like he told us all these stories and stuff. They are going to dedicate it in June or July and the whole first presidency is coming. We are all so super excited. It will be awesome.

That is pretty much it from this week. It flew by, like way fast. We are almost done with another change which is just crazy. Exciting news about Brandon too. Finally getting changed. Well love you all and pray for you. I had a dream the other night that we all went scuba diving in Hawaii, but we didn't need like gear, we could just breath under water. We ended up losing Jonathan though. Haha well have another good week and talk to you all real soon.

Elder Gillette

Ps Sorry sometimes I get stuck with the sucky computers and they can't send pictures. But i will send the pictures of the baptism next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment