Monday, January 3, 2011

January 3rd, 2011

Happy New Years FAMILY!

Wow this week was an AMAZING week. We had miracles happen. We just worked and worked and worked. We set a new record for our zone for most new investigators found in a week and almost for most investigators in church. We found 30 new investigators and had 11 investigators in church which is crazy good. Everyone keeps telling us the whole mission has their eyes on us.

Seriously this week has been so good only because me and Elder Bonilla finally get along. I realized this week kind of what Joff told me so much before I left. He has given up a lot too. I cant change him in one day. I have started to be a little easier and more happier this week. but kind of show through example and it has made the difference. Yesterday we actually talked a lot and he has really opened up. He just barely past the year mark and his two year anniversary with his girlfriend(who is serving a mission also, she gets home one month before he does) and he found out in the call on Christmas that his inactive parents are preparing to be sealed in the El Salvador temple when he gets home. Freaking amazing news. It really has changed his view on things also, but has been really homesick also.

This week has been great though and we have gotten a lot of help from the branch. We reviewed the attendance of our branch and ward for the past year and it is crazy to see how much it has risen in the past 2 months. I know that the missionaries before us were pretty disobedient too, but the attendance for them in the ward was 50 or 60´s. For us we had last week 97 and this week 88. Which they say these two weekends are the hardest to get people to come because of the holidays. Really the secret to getting things done, is just to get out there and work.

So you all wrote and wanted to hear about new years. Well I am sorry to tell you I didn't see anything way way crazy. But we did have 3 dinners again, but these went worse. First all we had was a giant plate of rice(And mom i thought you would be excited to hear that the rice aunt vicki makes they make hear all the time. I love it!) and rice will fill you up so so quick. After We had some chicken and after the second dinner I totally threw up from so much food. But wait! We had another dinner to go to! and this we couldn't cancel. She gets super super offended easily.

So we go to her house and I feel crappy, but she brings out this thing of rice and chicken and this weird salsa salad thing. I ate it all almost. I got pretty good at eating a bite then putting a bite in my napkin. My pockets were full of food. I got done with the plate and I couldn't eat any more. She then brought out this giant thing of chocolate cake. I almost threw up just seeing it. But she cut me a giant slice and i had to eat it. I ate half of it and couldn't eat more. I put some in my last napkin and told her I couldn't eat more.

We started to watch this show on the channel BYU and all the sudden I couldn't hold it in more and my mouth filled with throw up, but I held it in. I walked out side like I was getting air and sneakily threw up haha(ya its possible, years of practice). I asked for the bathroom and as I was walking back the bathroom was full and more throw up filled my mouth. I tried to hold it back and it then just burst out my nose all over there kitchen. It was terrible. Although I felt like crap after.

Ya, but other than that I just went home and went right to sleep at 9. I got woken up at 12 by the bombs of fireworks outside our window. The house was shaking there were so many fireworks.

Sounds like new years over there was a success. Hotels and good food and fun games. Kinda miss that stuff but sincerely right now i am to busy too. Although this week I realized the thing I miss like the most...... Tortinos pizzas. I want one so stinking bad. We don't have ovens or microwaves even in our houses. Just a little like camping stove and a thing to make grilled cheeses.

Well I attached some photos. Of our zone Christmas party, We actually found a Christmas tree so we were excited and took some pictures with it. one is of Christmas morning when i put the tree on our window and the others are the baptism.

Well I really love hearing from you all and sorry I don´t have the time to write all of you personally,but know I read all of them and love them all. The pictures are great, but the best is Basil's rap. Best thing I have ever heard!!!! Is he saying grammy's in the car? I don´t know but it is awesome. I can´t believe how old the kids are getting. That's crazy.

Love you all and hope the new year will be great. I am excited to start as they say here ¨the black year¨ cause this whole year I will be in the mission. Its crazy, but it will go by so fast. Love you all and keep safe! Hope you all get back to work and home safe and the groove normally. Talk to you all next week!

Elder Gillette

PS I got permission this week to write my friends also. So you can give them my email if you want mom



No comments:

Post a Comment