Monday, December 27, 2010

December 27th, 2010

Hey Family and Merry Christmas 2 days later!

Wow crazy crazy week this past week. 3 dinners Christmas eve, Monday we had a zone Christmas dinner which was awesome, talked to all of you for what felt super super short and........ Had a white Christmas!!! By that I mean is that I was in all white when I baptized this girl Raquel. Ya it actually happened. It took a lot to get there. We planned to start at 3 so we told her we would meet her at 2 at her house. We got there at 2 and she wasn't there. We ended up waiting 2 and a half hours for her. We called and contacted around her house and we thought she ditched out.

Finally we called her and she came and we got to the stake center at 5:30, Started at 6. She was freaking out with bad cold feet. I was scared she didn't like have a testimony, although I have heard her testimony so we kept going.

She calmed down and I baptized her and after we talked and she said she felt better. Yesterday I taught the Gospel Principles class and she was there and I asked her how her baptism was for her. She is like a different person. It is crazy. She was ready in the morning to go to church, participated in the class, and said that she loved the calm feeling of the spirit she felt after the baptism.

So that was one of the very very crazy days this week. We didn't have a very good week of like contacting and finding new investigators. It was difficult to work at times cause my comp is "sick" also.

Our zone Christmas party was awesome though. We all went to this members house and they made us this awesome steak. We took a whole bunch of pictures. Right now my computer is way trashy so It is not letting me upload pictures. I will try to send a separate email with pictures though. We also watched some of the Mormon tabernacle choir Christmas videos. It was a lot of fun.

We also had our mission Christmas party. we just watched videos that each zone had made. Actually really boring, but it was way fun to talk to Elder Koller, my comp from the MTC, just about the first change. Things are crazy for him too.

Looks like New Years is just about as crazy as Christmas. More fireworks and we have been invited to more dinners, but these one actually sound good. Carne asada at one and another they are going to make us tres leches which is freaking my favorite food right now. SO tasty!

Sorry the call on Christmas was so crazy. I didn't know how the time difference was. I thought it was opposite than what it really is. Is was SO SO good to talk to you all. sounds like all of you are doing so good! I felt bad I talked so much. I wanted to hear all of you, but there was so many and it was hard to hear all the time. Nonetheless it was awesome.

So onto other things. I just finished ¨our search for happiness¨ by Russel M. Ballard. Every night I read a little before going to be and that book was awesome. I would recommend that book to everyone. It is a simple understanding of our church. I started Jesus the Christ this week also and that book is giant. I hope I finish it haha.

I saw a sign on the way here that said "Respete al seƱal" which in English means ¨Respect the sign¨. I thought that was hilarious cause the sign is telling me what to do. I don´t even know how to explain it.

Well love ya all a ton and it was fun to hear from you all. I am glad you are all doing so well and I pray for you all every night. Those blankets Debbie made sounded nice. And the story of basil about to kill the fish is funny. Derek good work with the knife. Love ya all and Happy New Year 2011!

Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment