Monday, December 6, 2010

December 6th, 2010

¡Buenas!

¿Como esta mi familia? yo espero que to este bien. ¡Todas cosas aquí son excelente! I actually really don´t want to speak in spanish. It is fun, but I like to utilize the time when I can actually say all I want to haha. Nah, but seriously things have been really good this week. We talked to a lot of people, found 3 new families to teach that I am excited about, and we had dinner with a family and they made us like 8 big papusas each and they were SO good. I love the people here.

We had a multizone conference this week and I was able to meet a lot of the missionaries who have served in my area previously. They were so excited to here about their converts and only had good things to say about the area. They all said it was their favorite area they have served in. I thoroughly enjoy it right now. It is like the perfect area. I know I will also like my other areas, but for now I want to stay here. Which I actually thing is a really big possibility. We are all almost positive my comp will become a zone leader this next change and I will probably stay here which is what I am praying for.

Things with the Elder Bonilla have gone good this week. He has an old set of scriptures and I had an extra set that I had recieved in the MTC so I decided to give them to him and he was super excited about them. He has spent all week just marking it up. It felt nice to help my comp. Our lessons have started to go a lot smoother also and especially when we go on splits I have gotten a lot better. Everyone has said my spanish has improved a ton. I can understand almost everything now. Which is a blessing.

What has been nice that I realized I never told you was that a companionship in our zone has an area were their is no houses good enough to actually live in so they have both been living with us lately. Whats nice is they are both americans and one was in my district at the MTC, Elder Stone is his name. It is really nice to have somebody to come back to and talk to in english. It has been fun. We all decided for christmas we are going to make a stocking for someone else in the house if we are still here after transfers. We thought that would make christmas here a little better.

It was cool last night we got to watch the christmas devotional. It was great to hear the MoTab and see the lights of temple square. Although we listened in spanish and they were translating super fast so I didnt understand a whole lot it was still cool. I pointed out that I new Tamera Oswald and he just thought that was so cool.

But it was a good week, but also a bit disappointing week. We found a girl who took the lessons 5 years ago and she remembers like everything and reads all we give her. She is like a golden investigator and she accepted to be baptized. But she ended up not coming this week to church which was a major bummer. Really hard to get people to go. But I am still excited to go teach her.

We also had a stake open house for all the recent converts and investigators. We didn´t find out about it till like days before and we didn´t have a whole bunch of time to really tell anyone about it. The place looked really nice and the members put a lot of work into it and no investigators or converts from our ward showed. I felt terrible. Our ward mission leader wasn´t to happy, but I wouldnt of been either. I am not gonna let that happen again.

But other than those two this week has been great. I am getting to know my ward and zone a lot better which is really fun. The ward mission leader for our branch is 19 and he is leaving on his mission to argentina the 30 of december. His name is Elmer and is like one of my favorite people. We go on splits a lot on He wants to come to america after his mission and I said he could stay with us and like visit the temple. He was super excited.

But sorry this is like a way long letter. We are going to play some soccer after this with another zone so I am excited and I will talk to you all next week! ps I got a notice I recieved a package this week. I won´t get it til wednesday, but it arrived quick. I will try not to open it til christmas

Love you all and think about you and pray everything is going great. Everything here is good and I am safe, so don´t worry.

Your bro, son, friend, missionary in El Salvador,
Elder Gillette

Ps sorry I don´t have any pictures this week. I forgot my camera at my house which is alright cause I didn´t really take any pictures of anything exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment