Wednesday, December 15, 2010

December 13th, 2010

Hello family in all parts of the world,

I feel our family is really spreading out. It's is cool we actually all have stories and are doing such cool things. Jof and Kylee, holy smoke Europe looks awesome and Basil is so so stinking cute in those pictures. Joff... ¿porque tiene un bigote? What's up with the beard man? You look like a hobo, but for all I know that is what you are going for haha. Krik, Randy, and Gennie. Those pictures of asher are adorable. Disneyworld is like my favorite place. I was like asher their. I hope to go back. Last, but not least, family in Utah. Sounds like everything is good. Kelsy! That story of you falling on your face is like the funniest thing I have heard. I was actually laughing outloud. I hope you are ok.

But over here in El Salvador has been crazy this week. We only have this next week and then its changes the 23rd of december(Which sucks cause I may be in a new area for christmas and not really know anyone). But everyone thinks I won´t get changed and I hope so. We found 17 new investigators this week and they are awesome. There is this family that I contacted my first week and joked with them and we set an appointment for the next tuesday. We never showed up cause that was when me and my comp had some problems. We were on divisions and we werent finding much. I started telling the elder I was with about this family and how i wish we would have gone back. Right at that moment I looked over and saw a door open and was like, "That is their house!¨. So I walked directly over and the whole family was there. The dad came over and was like"Elder Gillette, nosotros esperamos para usted martes y usted nunca ha visto." He said he waited and we never showed. I apologized and he let us in and we taught him and his family. It was an awesome lesson. We have had some good ones this week.

We had stake conference this week and our mission president decided to show up for it. We had 3 investigators come to it and all went really well. I still don´t understand much when people give talks.

Last night we were invited over to have pizza with this family. They are so nice and we made homemade pizza. It was so stinking good, but the mom just kept giving it to us. I thought my comp was going to burst. We started leaving and we asked if they needed any help with anything and they said only to pray for them cause they don´t have any jobs. It seriously made me so sad when they said that. Cause they just fed us all that food and stuff when they don´t even have jobs. Shows how nice the people are.

So I have realized something here about El salvadoreans. From talking and the things they say that they really like micheal jackson and love vanilla ice. I swear I hear Ice ice baby like 4 or 5 times a week. I just laugh though. I just think that is a random thought.

But next time i write I should know about transfers. Everyone is positive my comp will go to be a zone leader, so hopefully this means I will stay here. We also have our mission christmas party the 22nd and that should be fun. We just played soccer this morning and I was going to take a picture of the "cancha" or the soccer field, but i totally forgot. I am going to just upload some other pics I thought you would like. one is of the branch that is in our stake. Not ours but the one my friend Elder Stone goes to. It is crazy. Not sure what else I will load up haha.

I have started to figure out what i like to eat, so I am starting to eat more and more. Which is really good for my weight, but really bad for my budget. My goal is to not have to take out or use any money that is in my account. So if you give me money for christmas. Thank you! I will just have more to come back to. I am trying to teach myself like discipline with money and budgeting, cause you all know I need to learn that haha.

Everything is good though and the weeks are going by crazy fast. I swear I wrote to you all yesterday and for that fact came here yesterday. Love you all though and thanks for the support. OH and the package I received was from......... JOFF! Not gonna lie i was a bit surprised. Happily surprised. I directly put it in my suitcase and am not opening any of the packages til christmas to make christmas that much better. But I love you all again. I could say it a billion times and it wouldn't be enough. Hope you all the best and especially with all the plane flights I pray for you to be safe. Talk to you next week!

From EL SAL,
Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment