Wednesday, December 1, 2010

November 30th, 2010





Hey Family,

Wow another crazy week in Santa Ana. Lots of walk/running everywhere, I have been eating more papusas which are so STINKING good. They are 25 cents each so we will get like 4 every night. There are also these things called pan dulce which i eat a ton. They are like cookies. So good though.

Crazy that it is snowing so much there. It is definitely a sunny christmas here. I am sweating everyday. But the nights and morning are like hawaii. Perfect temperature. I love it!

So if any of you are wondering why I am writing on tuesday instead of monday this is why. We went to a Volcano yesterday. Freaking craziest day of my life! so we left at about 8 in the morning and took this 15 passenger van up this like 4 wheeler road. It was scraping and bumping like crazy. I dont even know how it made it so high. We got out and hiked for an hour and a half. Realized we had gone a half an hour in the wrong direction. Back tracked and started going up this hill. This hill was like going up chases driveway for 2 hours. We were crawling on our stomachs and got scratched up pretty good from the needles. After the 3 and a half hour hike we finally got to the top. It was pretty crazy when we got to the top. We were in the clouds as one of the pics shows. I was sweating so bad. From the humidity and all. I took a ton of pictures but they are taking a while to load so i am only sending a couple and I took 2 videos, but they are to big for the email to send, but when i send the chip back you can see them.

It was chivo (cool in El SalvadoreƱo). But we were all so tired from the hike it was hard to enjoy. I am sending some pics also so you can see. We had to hike 2 hours back down and we all wanted to die by the end. There was a little tienda at the bottom and I drank like 2 liters of fanta haha. It was crazy, but an awesome experience.

This week has been crazy just because we have been running around helping other missionaries. Our area is doing the best in the zone right now so we are helping others. I taught with another person in his area and got 2 baptismal dates for him. ITs nice that I worked at wendys and things are coming back really nicely.

I am half way through our first change which is crazy. My comp is so fixed on wanting to be zone leader it kind of sucks, but we have been getting along a lot better.

Sorry I dont have a ton of time today to write. I want to write more, but we have got to get to work also. earlier today we had like a secondary meeting for the new missionaries. The presidents wife came up to me and was like. You have been working hard, how much weight have you lost? ya it is starting to show. I put my jacket on today and it was already a bit bigger and looser on me.

But Trebol is starting to feel more like home and to answer that question, my house is one of the nicest in the mission haha. I stayed at the zone leaders house one night and it was so dirty.

Well thats about it, one more thing if you send a package remember jesus stickers haha. We were talking about that the other day.

Love you all though and pray for you all! talk to you next week!

Elder Gillette

ps Sorry some of the grammar and stuff is bad. I am writing on a spanish keyboard and it is actually quite dificult haha.

1 comment:

  1. I am actually so glad that he didn't get to read his email until tuesday, because I sent my email off late on Sunday and when I got up, it had bounced back. So I sent it off again, in hopes he hadn't already read his email...

    Love the volcano pics, they are so crazy. Can you believe he hiked in his suit?!

    ReplyDelete