Monday, May 16, 2011

May 16, 2011: ... this week?

Hola Familia!

Well lets see, this week was super fast yet again. It was crazy how fast
everything went this week. We have had a lot of success and everything and
especially we did a ton of service this week.

This week started out and I actually had my first like chill P-day here in
the mission. We wrote, bought, ate and actually had time to take a nap. It
was awesome. I feel like I hadn't taken a nap in forever, which is funny
cause before the mission I took one almost every day. The differences of the
mission. We got asked to teach this week the Young Women really quick about
our schedule here in the mission and I was talking about how we get up at
6:30 and how ridiculously early that is for me. I asked them at what time
they usually get up in the morning and they all said like 5 or 6 in the
morning. I told them that like in the states 9 or earlier than that is early
and if you knock on a door that early in the morning that it is pretty much
a sin. They all thought that that was pretty funny.

This week in the middle of the week for the first time in a while I got a
little down. Just a lot of running and a lot of teaching and stuff drains
after a while. I felt like I was going to crash. It was a little difficult
for 2 days, but during one of my studies I was reading in 2 Nephi: 4 and wow
that was like an eye opener. It was awesome and exactly what I needed. I had
not gotten along with a member or two this past week and that had added to
the stress, but after reading this scripture it talks about why do we get
mad at our enemies when we know all that Christ did for us. That really all
this little stuff doesn't matter in the big picture. I really loved these
scriptures and encourage you all if you have time to read it.

We are teaching right now this family of 3(Victor, Rosa and Victor Jr.)
They are stinking awesome and we had been talking to them all this week and
we had found them last week. Maybe I told you all about them last week I
don´t remember. They came with us to a family home evening and with them all
is great. They ended up coming to church at 7, which is 1 hour early. They
are doing awesome and they are planning on getting married and baptized the
4 of June. So that should be fun.

Speaking of families, I just received an e-mail from my old comp, Elder
Medina, and he just said that my convert Erick Ascencio bore a powerful
testimony in testimony meeting and taught elders Quorum about tithing
yesterday. Wow!!! Best news of my life.

Yesterday the old bishop brought his nephew to church, Giovanni, and he
isn't a member, but this was his second time coming to church and he loves
it. He told us last night he wants to get baptized then wants our schedule
and wants to work with us and bring souls to Christ. Powerful people here.
He reminds me of Amulek.

Well aside from all this that happened, which is a lot, not much else. I
really learned to use a machete this week. We macheted at trees like 50
times and I learned how to use slingshots also. It was a lot of fun.
Lets see what else... OH Hilz, I was thinking this week about your package
cause it still hasn't come with the MP3. I received a package this week from
mom, but yours no. And I thought, Did you right on the side that there is an
MP3 inside? cause you know how you write what is inside and stuff. Cause
everyone says that if there is something valuable inside like that to not
write it down and write like T shirt or something. Cause if you did then most
likely some Mexican or Salvadorean is listening to the MOTAB right now
haha. But we will see.

But I love you all and this week was a bit crazy, but in the end a lot of
fun. I am excited for the next week and hope I can enjoy it even more than I
enjoyed this week. Thanks for everything and if you all have questions, just
tell me and I will try to answer. Love you all and talk to you next week.

Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment