Monday, May 23, 2011

May 23, 2011: ¡¡¡EL FIN DEL MUNDO!!!!


HOLA FAMILIA!

Well this week was another crazy/fast week. I can´t even believe how fast time is going here. This week it has started become a lot more spring time here or I guess rainy season here. It rained like 3 times this week, but it isn't like Utah rain. Here it pours down sideways. So my umbrella doesn't even really protect me. We got to our investigators house and my pants were SOAKED! It was a lot of fun though and has started to become a lot cooler. We decided one night to sleep outside because it was like perfect temperature and not gonna lie it was super sweet. We just laid outside and the stars were super bright. It was a lot of fun and we took a lot of sweet pictures. What does suck though is that since it is raining more it has started to be a lot more humid. So my clothes are like damp 24/7. Even like my tie and I don't even know why.

The 4 of us that live in the house (Elder Romero, Elder Reed, Elder Bonilla and me) actually have a lot of fun together. We have eaten more than 75 pupusas each of us in 3 weeks. We are all obsessed haha. We have been trying different places to find out what is best and so far the pupusas that use rice outside are the best.
But as far the work goes this week it has gone really well. We did 3 interchanges this week so I got to work with a lot of different missionaries and that was fun. One night we were playing around with weird instruments and stuff that we have gotten here and I took out my Conch Shell that I have and I blew it super hard, but it didn't make a loud sound. I was a little confused so I took my hand out if like the inner part and saw that this cockroach was hiding inside, but it was like super big. Why do bugs like to hide in my stuff all the time? (like the ants in my soda can before the mission?).

We have been running all around this week and we had interviews with President Lopez. It went really well and told me that I am doing a great job. Said that my last Comp and my last area miss me a lot, which is good cause I miss that area a lot. In the end he said that him and Sister Lopez always talk about my group of missionaries. Cause usually when a group of new missionaries comes here it is like 10-22 to missionaries, but with my group there was only 4(Elder Stone, Elder Webb, Elder Koller and me) and said that although it is the smallest group it is one of the most powerful. That made me feel pretty good and it was cool cause about 2 days ago we went to a baptism of 7 people in our zone and Elder Koller came cause his comp was gonna baptize, so it was fun to talk to him. President Lopez actually told him the same thing.

The work here was a little hard though this week. Our bishop is in the Hospital right now and all the members seem not to want to work at all. We at least got this family to go to church and they are hoping to get baptized. The only giant stone in our way is that they were both married before and both separated from their spouses about 17 years ago and never got divorced. So if they want to get baptized, we would have to divorce them both and then get them married. So that could take a good 2 or 3 months to do if it is done quick. But they are awesome.

We also have been talking to this guy named Kevin. He is 19 and likes the church he went with us yesterday to stake conference, Which p.s. Stake conference in El Salvador is just as boring as it is in the U.S. but he came with us and sat through the stake conference and it went pretty well. He really likes the church and the message and all. We are working with him and he may get baptized this next Saturday.

Last night though we had a pretty crazy lesson. We went with this guy Giovanni that came to church last week and has 2 attendances in total. He really wants to get baptized and wants to work. So we were talking with him and we extended the invitation to get baptized and he was like "I have the desire to get baptized and I really want to. But I am going to the U.S. on Thursday." We were like... Ok? ends up he wants to go the U.S. illegally. So we read a couple scriptures with him and talked about the importance of the gift of the holy ghost. In the end he was like, " It really is important all this stuff. I want to get baptized this Wednesday then!" we were like ok? The his family are from the church and hope that this will keep him from going to the US. We will pray that everything goes well.

So the big news of this week and I don't know if it was the same over there, but everyone here thought that 21 of may was the end of the world. We had like a parade of people at like 8 in the morning pass by our house and all. It was crazy. There was an extra amount of drunks to, but there are always a ton and always just try to speak English with me. EVERYONE though asked us if we believed the world was going to end and we always just said to look up Matthew 24:36. The stores here loved it though. They were all like, " Its the last day of the world so buy your pupusas now while you still can" and stuff like that. it was a crazy day, but good to find new people.

Lets see what else. We decided to change our cook this week cause the last one cooked with so much oil! It was terrible for my stomach. We are now going to eat with the other missionaries in our house and the lady makes such good food. My stomach is already doing a ton better. I hope that I can start to actually gain weight here.

Other than all of this not much else. It was a fun week and I can't believe how fast time is going. It has been fun to be with my comp. He is great and we get along well. It is nice to be with a comp that we are always talking and laughing. Dad you were right when you said that when you have good comps time flies by. That is what President said this week also.

Well I love you all and take care, be safe, do what Jesus would do. I actually think that a lot. Like if Christ were sitting right next to me or if Jesus had to answer this question, how would he do it? He is perfect and gave us the perfect example and in the end the perfect church. I love you all and thank you for all of your letters. Love ya and talk to you next week!

Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment