Monday, May 2, 2011

May 2, 2011: ¡Ahuacha-uacha!


Hola mia familia,

Well, this week was another crazy week(I think I will write that every single week I am out here on the mission just about). But I am officially out here in Ahuachapan and it is crazy. Like I said my new comps name is Elder Romero and he is a Chapin (Which means he is from Guatemala). But Before we start on all that happened here I will finish up with what happened in my last area. In Independencía it was so SO stinking hard to leave. I loved the people there and although I only had 6 weeks there It will remain one of my favorite areas. Especially to say bye to the Fam Ascencio. They took us out for pupusas for my last night and usually good pupusas cost like 40 cents but above that I will never buy pupusas that cost more. But we went out and got ones that costed 70 cents each! and that probably sounds cheap to all of you I know, but Those are expensive here. But They were superb pupusas. I got to try a jalapeño pupusas also. It was great, but so hard. I am sending a picture of us and a couple other members that I love a ton and helped me a lot.

But in the end I got here on Wednesday and it was crazy. We ran around all day and have been this week. Our area is really big and for one of our investigators we have to climb up a giant mountain. We have had to do it everyday cause this man is awesome. His name is Everaldo and he is 66 years old but he has a 7 year old kid that has a sickness were he has to be in a wheel chair and cant do anything, but this man is awesome. We have been talking to him a lot and he asked us about fasting and if our church believes in it. We said yes and he said his church doesn't but it is something he believes the true church of Christ should do. So we told him that the first Sunday of every month we fast and because God is a god of order this week just happened to be the week of fast. So he said he wanted to fast with us. We went with him and started the fast. Sunday morning comes around and We were praying that he would go to church and we leave the house and walk a little and we found him walking down the street and he came to us telling us he was ready for church. He was an hour early for church and he has to walk 45 minutes with his kid in the wheelchair. I was like wow, this guy really is a person ready. Now he is preparing to get baptized next Sunday.

That was like one of the best things that happened this week. Something that is crazy is that I am living in the same house as Elder Bonilla right now. So that will make this change a little more interesting. I think president knew what he was doing but it doesn't make it any easier.

My comp is pretty awesome and we get along really great. He is a great teacher too. He only has 4 months in the mission and it feels weird cause this week he was asking my about songs and movies that came out and if I had seen them and we were surprised about how many I haven't seen or heard. I am starting to realize how long I have actually been out.

It is really funny though cause every Thursday the water goes out and we have to use a bucket to take a shower in the morning. It was a great way to start my time here in Ahuachapan. It rained yesterday pretty hard and I have heard that the rainy season is just about to start. I am super excited for that time to start, but it is hard here cause you can't teach very much when it is raining cause the houses have tin roofs and the noise of the rain is just crazy loud.

The house we live in isn't the nicest but it is still really good. The members are pretty awesome too right now. Yesterday we went and made pupusas with a less active family and they were loving that. it was awesome. But they gave us this salsa that they made that was so so spicy. I thought i was going to explode.

It is interesting how out here I really have gotten used to a bunch of different foods and tastes. Last night we contacted some people and they had this giant tree of fruits. I started talking to them about the fruits and how much I love the fruits of El Salvador and her kids then like spidermonkeyed there way to the top of the tree and got us like a giant bag of these fruits. But they were the best things I have tasted in my life. They taste like a really great grape.

But Everything here is going good. I really do like my new area and I feel I will be here a couple months but who knows. I will just work my butt off until I leave.

Another thing is that this Sunday I will call at 5. Here and Utah are the same time I believe or someone told me here, but be ready at 4. I am just going to call cause in this area it is just to hard to find Skype. But I thought I would make it simple. I will get to tell you more in the phone call and I am excited to talk to you all Sunday. I hope this time it goes a little bit better than Christmas cause that was just crazy. But I love you all and I will talk to you Sunday. I have to go buy groceries and all that jazz. We got to play soccer this morning so that was sweet. But love you all!

Elder Gillette


No comments:

Post a Comment