Monday, February 13, 2012

February 13, 2012: Adios Monilo?

Hola Familia,

Well this past week was another really crazy week. My zone has been struggling lately cause we have gotten a whole bunch of new missionaries and some problem missionaries. So this past week I wasn't in my area AT ALL. I went around my zone doing a tour to try and help the other areas get stuff going. They went really well actually. I was able to work with a lot of missionaries and get to know some parts of Santa Ana I didn't know. I had some pretty sweet experiences too.

It has started to get a lot hotter here (which I am not to excited about) cause last year it was pretty bad, but I was in an area that wasn't even that hot in comparison with other parts. How is the weather over there? Snowing? Sounds like it hasn't been very wintery over there.

Their are 2 really big news from this week. First is that Friday night I received a call from the zone leaders of Ahuachapan (Where I was before Molino if you don´t remember) and they gave me some super super sweet news. when I was over in Ahuachapan I baptized Iris mom and Iris daughter and another kid from the family, but the Dad (Oscar) read the Book of Mormon and loved what we said and wanted to get baptized. we even taught about sealings and the temple and he wanted to get sealed, but he could never go to church cause he worked so much. I guess he just barely quit his job driving buses and decided to go to church and they told me that Saturday he was going to get baptized and he wanted me to be there. So I was able to go back and see all of them. He asked for me and my old comp Elder Romero to be there cause we were the ones who taught him and found them. It was awesome to see the family be completed. The bishop of the ward baptized him. I love that guy. It was a super sweet experience and they told me that 14 of February 2013 they will be sealed in the temple. That will be awesome.

Speaking of families going to get sealed, a family that I baptized in march of last year is doing great. I saw the mom of the family in a pupuseria and it was so awesome. The dad is now in the bishopric and they will be getting sealed next month so I will go to see that.

The other big news is that this week we have changes. Today we received the call for who is leaving and coming. Me and Elder Hobbs now have 4 and a half months together. Really he is an awesome comp and we really thought that we were going to stay another bit together. We have had a lot of success together and work really well and best of all we have a lot of fun, but the news came and I am leaving!!!!! I can´t even believe it. My time in Molino has gone by SO SO FAST! I feel like I just got here. It will be super hard to say goodbye to my converts and stuff and all of the great members here. This area is really amazing and I was so blessed to serve here. They haven´t told me yet where I will go or who I will be with. It will be interesting to change, but Molino has helped me a lot to be a better missionary. I love this place.

But enough about me. that is sweet that Elder Anderson Came to the stake mom and that he knew Kent. He always has sweet talks.

Kylie that is crazy that basil will turn 5 next month. I remember before my mission thinking that he would be 5 when I came back and I thought by that time he would have forgotten me.

KELSY! I can't believe Austin Stidham is engaged. That is so crazy! I here you also have a sweet dance date next week ;)

Well I love you all and I hope that you have a great week. Next week I will have some pretty interesting stories I imagine haha.

Have a great Valentines day!


Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment