Monday, February 20, 2012

February 20, 2012: City of Coconuts

HOLA FAMILIA!
 
It is good to here that you are all finally having snow. I really miss the snow right now, cause it is getting really hot over here. Sounds like the family is doing really well. I always love hearing about the kids and how they are doing. That stinks about what happened with Asher. Hope he feels better.
 
Well this was a really crazy week and a bit long at times not going to lie. Monday I was working a lot, but Tuesday was just spent saying bye to recent converts and a lot of good friends from Molino. I really do LOVE that area and all the members. I hope that I have the opportunity to go back there some day. It was so hard though. Saying bye to the Family Hasbun was so hard. They invited us to lunch and we ate with them and after saying goodbye was like leaving the house all over again. I didn't realize how much I really love that place and how great the members really are. 
 
On Wednesday I got on the bus and came to my new area. It is called Las Delicias and It is in the Department of Sonsonate aka ¨the city of coconuts´ It is a good thing I have learned to love coconuts. Sonsonate is known in the country as one of the hottest places and it is really close to the ocean too. I am excited to one of these days when I will go to the port and be able to see the ocean again. It is REALLY hot here though. I am sweating all the time, cause it is also really humid. My arms stick to papers and furniture all the time. 
 
My new comps name is Elder Norene. He is from Sacramento, California. I couldn't believe that I was going to be with another American. It doesn't happen to often.  We were joking that President just considers me a Latin haha. Elder Norene is a good guy. Not going to lie it was really hard realize that I wouldn't be with Elder Hobbs anymore. We got along super well and the 4 months with him flew by and we had a lot of success, but I am super stoked to be with Elder Norene. 
 
When I had gotten to the area there was no investigators. This week in church there were no investigators and it just looks like we have a lot of work. We have already started working with the members a lot and we have found some great people to start teaching. 
 
I am zone leader again and I am excited that I can come into this zone and know what I am doing. Last time I really was just guessing a lot of the time, but I think I will be much more useful haha. The zone has some great missionaries too. Mom, just so you know i am now the Zone Leader of Sister Campbell. We share a ward also so I see her all the time. 
 
Well other than all of this I feel like there is not much more. My house is pretty sweet even though the back patio is just dirt so when it is windy it always blows a whole bunch of dirt inside. There are 4 missionaries in our house too. One is from Mexico and the other is from California. They are good guys. 
 
I don't think there is anything else. I love you all and have a great week. Enjoy the snow and the cold also. I am jealous. Talk to you next week.

 Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment