Monday, February 6, 2012

February 6, 2012: Intercambios locos

Hola Familia,

Wow, this week was another pretty crazy week. We weren't able really to work very much in our area which was kind of a bummer, but it was for good causes. This week we have had to run all around our zone and get everyone working better. We have had a little bit of difficulties with some of our missionaries and the work. I think we did a good job of helping them work better.

I am trying to see if there are any really cool stories you would all like. I had a reality check this week and realized that what I had been teaching for the past 17 months wasn't done in the best way. I feel like this week it just hit me the real way we should be teaching. I feel like we have gotten a bunch better and that we have some really great people who are starting to progress.

We got some interesting news this morning that the mission is going to split my area and put another companionship in a part of my area. We have been doing really well and the ward is growing so I hope that this other companionship can help us to grow even more. It would be sweet to this ward grow even more.

Everything here has been pretty fun though. I have had the opportunity to work with a lot of different people this week and we had some really great training meetings with President Cordon. He really is super smart. We are learning how to save our time better.

BY the way that is sweet that you all went and at pupusas!!! I love them. Just so you know Hilary that cole slaw stuff you ate is here too, but it is prohibited for the missionaries to eat it. I hear it is really good though. I do have to say though that you all didn't eat them right. I looked at the picture and it seemed so odd to me. YOU ALL ATE WITH UTENSILS??? that is such an odd thing. I think it is like the first time I have seen someone eat pupusas with forks and knives. You are all such gringos haha. But I hope you all like them. One night when I get back we will have to make pupusas.

So the other day me and my comp were walking and I saw in a trash can a pizza box that on the side said "Jesus viene pronto". It made me laugh really hard. That phrase translated means "Jesus comes soon". I thought that would give you a little peek on how the Latins use scripture and all types of stuff referring to Jesus on anything. I actually thought it could of been a pretty good line if the pizza delivery guys or the businesses name was Jesus. That way it could of been referring to the guy bringing the food really quick. Maybe that is what they were referring too? It would have been a clever pun. But just so you could all get the real good image, I took a picture of it and I will send it to you.

Other than that we had the 3 that got baptized last week get confirmed yesterday. They are all such great people and the ward really is excited. Also Rolando Hasbun who got baptized in Christmas received the Melquisdec priesthood this Friday which was awesome. He is going to give a talk this next week and is so excited. I love seeing the progression of these people.

Well I love you all and I hope you all have a great week. I am glad the Giants won. Yesterday I was walking and I looked inside a house and I saw that someone was watching the game. I just had to look forward and keep on walking. It was tough haha. But have a great week and talk to you next week.

Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment