Monday, January 30, 2012

January 30, 2012: From 0 to 3

 

HOLA FAMILIA!

Wow sounds like you are having spring over there. That really suprises me that you are all talking about how you are really not having to much snow. Over here we have started to get a bit more a breeze here which has been super nice, although I feel like the showers are actually getting colder which scares me. I went on interchanges this week to an area that had lukewarm water and I took like a thirty minute shower. It was wonderful. That is something I can't wait for when I get back to the states.


This week was an amazing week for the work of the Lord. We got blessed in such marvalous ways and I am not sure how it exactly happened. I have to start out saying that when we started last week me and my comp were sitting down planning our goals for the upcoming week. We put down that we wouldn't have to much cause we were going to be on a lot of interchanges and we haven't had a ton of people go to church lately. We put that we wouldn't have any baptisms and that it would be an alright week, but that we would start working for February.

We got out that day and went around talking to people and in the end of the night we found this kid that we have tried to talk to. I guess he has a year and a half of going to church, but has never gotten baptized. We talked to him and he said that he wanted to get baptized. He accepted a date to be baptized that same Sunday. He was super ready and said that the missionaries had never taught him before. He is 15 and his name is Jonathan.

This week like I said we had interchanges and I went with the Assistants of the President for a day and all we did was drive around and get stuff ready for a new Missionary couple that was going to come and we had to put in a hot water heater and it was just a lot of stuff we had to do. Being in a car for so long after not using one for such a long time gave me a headache. It was sweet feeling air conditioning again haha.

The next day we went and talked to this investigator that is the wife of a guy who was inactive, but we reactivated him like a month ago. His name is Neco and her's is Marleny. They are such awesome people and we have about 3 month of teaching them. Marleny in December had a date to be baptized, but canceled out of that and kind of held back for a while. This week when we went to talk to her we talked about the Atonement and all Christ did for us. We talked about the visit of Elder Nelson and how she felt seeing him. She then went on to bare her testimony that this is the true church. It truly was awesome and after we helped her to realize that and the spirit was so strong. We asked her to get baptized that Sunday and she said yes. This family will be such a strong family in the church and they also have 2 kids. Neco will be receiving the Melquisedec Priesthood this Sunday which will be awesome.

There niece named Sophia has gone to church with them many times, but never could get baptized cause her mom wouldn't give permission. This week she got permission and she also got baptized.

We were so blessed this week to see these 3 baptisms on Sunday and the whole ward was there and it was such a great experience. We hope that these miracles keep coming. Me and Elder Hobbs were trying to figure out how all this happened. One thing we learned from Elder Nelson is a lot about the prayer and how powerful it really is. How we should tell God what we will do and if we do it, then he is obligated to do his part. We applied that this week and I testify that prayer really is powerful. God does do his part. I LOVE THE GOSPEL.

Well I love all of you and I hope that you all have a great week. I can't belive I will be completing 17 months soon. IT hit me how fast the mission really is. I love it so much. I love you all too and thank you for all of your support. Have a great week and talk to you  next week.

Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment