Monday, January 9, 2012

January 9, 2012: 16 meses

Hola Familia!

Well, how is everyone doing over on that neck of the woods. I hear you all finally have snow. That is pretty sweet. here it has gotten pretty cold. The other day I got so cold in the night that I had to actually cover myself with my bedsheet that I have haha. I think my version of cold has changed in these past couple months. My comp has been sick lately also from this weather. He has been throwing up and stuff. It is interesting here cause before my mission I had all of the stomach problems and stuff, but I dont think I have had stomach problems in over 6 months. It has been really sweet. My comp though is bad. Last night we were laying in our beds talking and all of the sudden he grabbed a cup and slammed it down. I was super confused, but then I looked in the cup and he captured a scorpian, it was pretty big too. Thats a little taste of El Salvador for you all.

The work here has been pretty awesome. This week we had like a billion meetings. We had a couple with President cordon and a ton with the stake. I feel lucky cause this 22nd of January Elder Russel M. Nelson is going to come to my chapel where I am serving and we are going to have a stake conference. Everyone here is getting super excited cause most people here have never seen an apostle before. Even most of the leaders. Like this is the first time and apostle has come to this building. I feel super blessed to be here at this time. It is fun getting everything ready and being able to work with all these great members. We have a ton of great stuff planned for these next two weeks to get us ready.

This week in one of the meetings I went to we watched a talk from Bruce R. Mcconkie about the Atonement. It was one of the best talks I have ever heard in my whole life. It was April 6th that he gave it, but the year I don't exactly remember. It was like 1993 or something like that. It was his last general conference talk he gave. He is so sincere and the spirit with which he talks is so powerful. You should all look it up.

We have a girl right now, Melissa, who is doing super great. She is super intelligent and reads everything we give her.  She is getting ready to be baptized this next sunday. There is another boy, Jonathan, who will be probably getting baptized too that day. I thought it would be sweet to baptize a kid named Jonathan haha. He is a sweet kid.

I really can't think of what else we did this week. OH, i recieved the package from Jonathan this week. THANKS SO MUCH BRO. The socks you gave me are sweet. I gave a pair to my comp that day and the whole day all we could talk about were how confy those socks are. They really are awesome. Thanks.

My recents converts, the Hasbun Family, had a big party this week and invited a whole bunch of members to there house to eat pupusas to celebrate there marriage and stuff. That was a lot of fun. I am not going to lie I have gotten really good at making pupusas and so I made them for all of the people there and they were super surprised.

I gotta go though, but I love you all and have a great week!

Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment