Monday, January 16, 2012

January 16, 2012: Entravistas

Hola Familia!!

What a week right! This week we ran around (like always) just going everywhere. Me and my comp practically weren't even comps this week. We were in interchanges or in divisions with members almost every day this week. It has been a fun week though and pretty cool as far as the weather goes too. Has it really snown there yet?

Well the best news of this week is that we got to see the baptism of one of our investigators. Her name is Melissa and she is awesome. She has been doing everything we have asked her to do and keeping all the commitments. She is only 13, but she has now gone about 10 times to church. We had a really good turn out to her baptism and even the bishop came which is really amazing and he was super happy for the ward.

Everyone here is super excited for the big event this next weekend which is that Elder Nelson is coming here. First I will get to see him Friday cause he is going to do a meeting with all the missionaries of El Salvador. So that is going to be a blast, but the best will be on sunday when he comes to my chapel. Everyone here is getting so ready. They say that people will start waiting out at 5 in the morning just to get seats. They expect more that 1,000 people to come to the chapel. It will be a crazy and great event. Yesterday we went with all of the Elders Qourum to hand out invitations to the conference to all the Inactive members. This ward in the system has 600 members but only 140 are active. So all of the ward went out yesterday to visit all of the other 460 people. It was super hard cause the directions here are super super terrible. The houses are not in order at all so you will be walking and it will say house 16,17,42,24,25C. Just random things like that. IT was really hard.

This week was really sweet cause we had our interviews with President Cordon. He is such a smart guy and it was a great interviews. He is super happy with me and Elder Hobbs. He says he really likes having us together and that we are the example missionaries in the mission. It was super awesome and I believe that me and Elder Hobbs will be together for 6 months. I would be totally ok with that.

Other than that not much else. The area is pretty awesome and I am having a lot of fun. Mom, just so you know if a guy named Mario Julio Rivera tries to add you on facebook he isnt a creeper. He is a really good friend and he has a video from our Christmas dinner he wants to send to you. It is hilarious.

Also Gennie I did recieve your package and loved it. I thought I already told you that and that I absolutely loved the photos. I am savoring the candy I recieved from all of these pacakages. Except the rice crispies from debbie. They are long gone haha.
 Love you all and have a great week.

 Elder Gillette

PS The elder I trained Elder Trump is going to train. WOW, that makes me feel like I have been in the mission a LONG time haha. It is sweet though.

1 comment: