Thursday, March 1, 2012

February 27, 2012: International Hotel

Hello Fam,

This week was a pretty sweet week. It is still very hot and I believe it is getting hotter. How is the weather over there? much snow yet?  I can´t believe this week we start march. Time flies by so so fast. This week went by super fast. It was pretty fun though and we have a lot of good things that are starting to come to us.

There was mainly one really really cool thing that happened this week. Like Wednesday I received a call from President Cordon and he told me that I was going to go with him to a publicity thing in San Salvador. I was a little confused, but thought it would be sweet. So Friday Me and my comp went to Santa Ana and met up with president. We ate in his house and it was fun being with his family and getting to know them. At about 4 we left and it was just President, me and he also asked my old comp Elder Romero (who is also a ZL. SO we did the 2 hour trip to San Salvador and it was sweet.

We finally got through all the crazy traffic and we got to the International hotel there and the meeting was going to start at 7. The hotel was Gigantic and so SO SWEET! we got to go and help set up a little bit, but president told us both that he invited us 2 to talk to the people and answer any of there questions. I found out that what it was was that the church gives out an award each year to someone who helps the society each year in some aspect of helping to protect the family. The winner of the award this year was some doctor who also was a famous news writer here in El Salvador and wrote a lot about Chastity and the importance of Marriage. The Doctor wasn't Mormon and many of the people weren't there.

About 50 people came and all of them had tons of money. Just talking to them they would all tell me about there studies in Spain and Italy and stuff. I was talking to this 2 kids that there mom won last year the award and it was sweet talking to them and hearing all of there stories. I got to meet a lot of interesting people. One of the area 70's came (Elder Rivas) and I got to talk to him too. It was an awesome experience.

After they gave us Appetizers and they were SO GOOD!!!! I ate my first egg roll in 17 months. I actually ate like 6. They also had little chicken wings and all the soda you would want. We left at about 9:30 and got back to the house around 11. It was a really fun night. I was happy that I got lucky enough to go.

So that was the really cool news of the week. We had a pretty fun activity this week also with the ward. We brought a bunch of investigators and we did a church open house and played a couple games. It was sweet. One of the families we brought went to church yesterday also.

It has been an interesting change to be with Elder Norene. He is an interesting kid... haha

I hope everyone is doing good. I love all of you and I hope that you have a great week. Hilz how is work? Still loving it? I believe that KC is now getting payed at his job, if so congrats man, if not then forget that I mentioned it haha.

I will talk to you next week and hopefully I live through this hotness and humidity. It is terrible. I have started to like Ice Cream here.

Love you all and talk to you next week!

Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment