Monday, March 19, 2012

March 19, 2012: Dirty Face

Hola Familia,

Wow, sorry that I wasn't able to write all to much last week. This week is a lot more relaxed. Last week was a blast though and we were able to go and have a lot of fun by the beach. We went back to Acajutla and played soccer and volleyball. After we went and took a bunch of pictures by the beach(as you can see). we then went to this restaurant and ate the best food I have eaten my whole mission. It was on the pier and I ate fish filet and my comp ate lobster. It was awesome and the zone loved it. I took a bunch of photos and sent them today.

This week was really cool too. We have had some really great investigators lately. We have been teaching this family (the familia Cordova). The 13 year old daughter is a member and the dad too, but the mom isn't. They have been super worried to get married and baptized and stuff. They have gone to church the past 3 weeks and we have been able to bring a lot of great members to help us. Suddenly something changed this past week and they started feeling ready and we put the marriage and baptism for the 17th. We invited EVERYONE. We told all of the missionaries to bring investigators and we bought cakes and got a whole bunch of stuff ready. This Saturday they got married and we had such a great support from the ward. Over 60 people came and we decorated and all. It was awesome! the whole family was so excited.

We got to the part of the baptism and the room was full of people. Right before she got in the water they turned off all of the lights, but the baptismal font light and since it was about 8:30 at night it was super dark and everyone went quiet. It was such a spiritual experience and everyone felt it. We had so many members come up and tell us after how great it was. The best part was that between us and another companionship we had brought 15 investigators and all of them mentioned how great it was and a family decided the want to get married and baptized too. The baptism was beautiful. She was so happy after.

Aside from that I did another set of interchanges this week. I went to this super far away place called Cara Sucia (aka Dirty Face) and that was an adventure. Let´s just say last week when they had the elections here in El Salvador they city ended up burning two school buildings. It is pretty crazy there, but the people are SUPER ready for the gospel there.

I sent a bunch of pictures. We did an activity with the stake about teaching the primary how to be missionaries and it was super cool. We took a picture with the whole zone and I sent that. Most of the pictures are from Acajutla. There are a couple from the restaurant. It was super sweet.

Well I have a feeling that this will be another really great week. I am loving it here and dad you are super right. I have a feeling that these last 6 months will fly. It blows my mind.

I love you all and hope you all have a great week. Good luck Hilz out in California shooting that show. It will be sweet to see when I get back. Talk to you all next week.

Elder Gillette








No comments:

Post a Comment