Monday, March 5, 2012

March 5, 2012: La Playa

¡HOLA FAMILIA!

It is so HOT, HOT, HOT!!!!  I am just always sweating. It would be sweet to just see a picture of snow. Sounds like the weather is awesome over there. Here I sweat in my sleep. It is terrible. Also there is starting to be a lot of wind and here there is NO grass and so all the dirt is getting blown around everywhere.

Well this week was really fun. I did not go to another sweet hotel and I doubt that will happen again. OH Krick that is so sweet that lady contacted you that I met in the hotel. They were super nice people and I got to help and talk with them. They were super nice people.


This week I went on a tour to a whole bunch of the areas in my zone. It was a lot of fun. I got to visit 3 of my areas and work with a couple sweet missionaries. I like doing interchanges. Its fun feeling like you help haha. One of the days I went to a part of the city that is named ´´America´´ So it felt be in America for a little bit. There it was fun and I got to go with a missionary that received the biggest card I have ever seen. We took a pic and I sent it. We decided it looks like one of those giant checks they give out for like the lottery.

This Friday I got to go to an area in my zone that is in the city Acajutla. It was so sweet. It is about 40 minutes from the city in bus and it is right on THE BEACH! It was so sweet to see the beach for the first time in a very long time. I took some pictures and I got to see the Pier from far away, but I believe we are going to go for a zone activity soon. I just wanted to jump in and start swimming. Also this place Acajulta is the biggest port in El Salvador so if you look well in the pictures there are some really giant ships too. It was a sweet experience, but SUPER HOT there, but at least there is a sweet ocean breeze and at night I could here the ocean waves.

Other that all this we had a couple reunions and we have had some sweet investigators this week. We had a family we have been teaching for like 3 weeks go to church and yesterday when they went they were super stoked and told us that they want to get married and baptized. So they are preparing for the 17th of march. They are awesome.







Well I love you all and I just want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY BASIL!!!! 5 years old. THAT IS CRAZY! I had a crazy thought that in one month it will be my last general conference and in 2 months my last call. That's scary.

Love you all and talk to you next week!!!!
Elder Gillette

Ps I also sent a couple pictures of the day when I left Molino and some of the sweet families there I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment