Monday, March 26, 2012

March 26, 2012: Baptismal Service Blessing

Hola Familia,

How are you all doing? Good I hope. Sounds like the weather is super sweet and also very up and down. I would love to see some snow or feel the cold for a second. Here in Sonsonate it is blazing hot. I sweat all the time. I have to drink so much water. I love it when I finally get to feel a nice breeze or the very very few times when I walk into an air conditioned building is the best.

Those are sweet pictures Kylie that you sent and it makes me really love my nephews and proud of them that they are playing soccer. I have grown an even bigger love for soccer here in El Salvador. We play it almost every week. I take it the games are like every little kid game where all of the kids are just running in a big crowd around the ball trying to kick it. Those are the best games.

Well for over here in El Salvador I don´t believe it was all to exciting. We did get to see some sweet stuff in our area start to progress though. So last week we went and had that really sweet baptismal service, right. So on Monday we went to a family we had been teaching like a month ago (but we left them because they weren't very positive), but they went to  the baptism because they are friends of the family. So Monday we talked to them and they had totally changed. We asked them how they felt during the wedding and baptism and they said they felt the spirit super strong. They started asking what they would have to do to get baptized and married. We asked them if they wanted to do all of this stuff and they said YES. The mom, Yesenia, asked if we needed to take out some papers and we said yes and that we needed there ID´s. She ran and brought hers and her husbands. Me and my comp were stunned. They were talking about how they want to go to church and all. We left and were in awe. It was amazing. We didn't really believe them too much at the time really.

Throughout the week we kept passing and they have been doing better and better. The whole family (it is a dad (Carlos he is like 60), mom (Yesenia, 48), daughter (Zuleyma, 12), son (Carlitos, 8) and a baby). It was super sweet stuff. They loved church and got along with the members. They will be getting baptized and married a week from today the 2nd of April.

That was the best thing that happened this week. We also got news of transfers. YA THAT'S RIGHT. I have already been here in Sonsonate for a whole transfer. I will be here another change, which I am super stoked about. I will be with elder Norene again, That´s alright i guess......

Well love you all and enjoy the weather for me. This week will be my last General conference in the mission. That's crazy. Next one I will be eating mom´s good ol' donuts. I am so excited for the General conference. I have been thinking of a couple questions to bring to conference. I have done it every conference in my mission and every time I have left with answers. You should all definitely try it. Love ya all! talk to you next week.

Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment