Monday, April 2, 2012

April 2, 2012: General Conference 4

Hola Familia!
  

Well, well, well. Another General Conference has come and gone. How crazy is that! I couldn't believe it the whole time, especially when it finished that it would be my last General Conference. The Good news is that in 6 months I will be eating moms super good donuts. haha, but that was super funny mom about David Archuleta and how he is going on a mission. I bet that will get Kelsy to watch conference haha.

So this was a GREAT conference in every aspect. I absolutely loved the talks. Some of the seventy had great talks. I really like what President Monson said about the rush of life and how most of our daily decisions are so trivial and how the important stuff isn't important til tragedy or darkness comes. I also really really like what Elder Bednar talked about with respect to the authority that we have in the church. How if we have this authority then we should act like it. One of the 70 (Larry Wilson) also talked about the right way to help your kids make the right decisions and I really liked that. I will definitely apply that one day. A lot of the talks were on families and how real joy comes from the family and how can we have more unified families. That has always been and interesting topic for me.

This week in all has been great as far as the work though. The miracle family that I explained to you will be getting married... TODAY! ya today at 5 we have the wedding and then the family of 4 will be getting baptized. It has not been easy to get them to this point. I almost tore out my hair trying to get there paperwork ready. Not gonna lie the government system isn't very good here. In the end though it will be an amazing experience and I am very excited. We owe a lot to the members here.

We got a lot of help from the members here this weekend and a lot of them brought our investigators to the Conference and a Family brought a new investigator also. We had 10 investigators that went to the conference and we were able to visit all of them yesterday and they all left very impacted with what they saw. They have been helping us a lot and we have been able to work together with them well. Everyone is really excited for the baptism and marriage we will be having today also. I am most certainly super excited.

I really do love conference very much and as I was sitting there watching the Priesthood meeting it made me realize that although I never put to much thought into it or very much importance to it either I always left feeling really good. When I used to go with dad and we would go to training table, when I went with Kent and we watched it in the Joseph smith building and when I went one time with Jonathan and we watched the movie "signs" after and freaked me out a ton. Although I was super bored or didn't put very much attention to it I remembered Saturday night how I felt those nights and why I would always go back.

I told all of my investigators to go with questions and one after told me that she went with 3 questions that have been bothering her for a long time. She said the President Monson answered 2 of them and that his words penetrated her heart (as direct translation as I could get). It was awesome. She is now preparing to be baptized the 15th of this month. I too had questions answered. I hope you all did too.

Love you all and the next time I write you I will be a full on adult. ¡21! Talk to you next week.

Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment