Monday, April 9, 2012

April 9, 2012: 21.......

¡HOLA FAMILIA!

Wow, what an exciting bunch of events that occurred in this week. It was a super fun week and it was very very eventful. for one today is my BIRTHDAY! That is so crazy. It is also the b-day of ASHER! TIGHT. Happy b-day. I LOVED the pictures of him and his awesome recording you sent me. I love seeing him. I actually loved all of the pictures I got this week though. Hearing about Hilz and how awesome she was on cake wars. CONGRATS HILZ. Also with Ozzy and Basil playing was super sweet. The pic you all took together with all of my stuff though was SO AWESOME. I absolutely loved it. I showed all of the zone it and they were like, "you weren't kidding, you really do like the jaguars". It was sweet.

Editor's Note: Here is the picture Daniel is referring to:


Also a week ago we had a very sweet wedding and baptism happen. The Family Escalante all got baptized. IT was super awesome and we had such great support from the ward. IT was such a sweet baptism and the whole family got confirmed members yesterday. It was sweet and they are an awesome family.

This past week was the Semana Santa (the holy week) and so everyone was super crazy about making this giant carpets and carrying around giant images and all that jazz. This week is actually the biggest here in Sonsonate than in any other part of El Salvador and many other parts of Central America. They carry around a big float looking thing of Christ that weighs 2 tons. Their are 60 men at a time that carry it. IT was crazy. Everybody here is a little radical.

We also did a tour of the temple this week with the whole mission and we were able to bring as many investigators as we wanted. We were able to bring a family that have been sort of eternal investigators. They went to the temple and after we talked to them and the dad said he had never felt such a spiritual experience in his life and he needs to be married eternally. It was sweet. He then accepted a baptismal date for the 15th. So we are helping him now for that date. It was awesome.

Today has been fun. We went and bought pupusas for breakfast and one of the elders I live with, elder brown, made me a big pancake with oreos and fudge inside and said it was my birthday cake. It was super sweet. We made a quick movie and I sent it. It has been a good birthday.

I really cant believe I am already 21. It is super crazy and the fact that I already have 19 months in the mission is even crazier. I am enjoying it and I feel like a much better person and like I am really following the spirit a lot better. The General Conference really helped me. I am going to use the rest of this time to the maximum.

I love all of you very much and thank you all for your letters and your pictures. They really were amazing. Happy birthday Gennie tomorrow. Take care everyone.

Elder Gillette





No comments:

Post a Comment