Monday, April 30, 2012

April 30, 2012: Levantar la barra

Hola Familia,

Wow, this was a really great week actually. Sounds like everyone is doing well. Congratulations mom on your job! That is super sweet and I knew it would work out and that you are going to do great. You deserve it. Although about your email and the cat... That may change when I come home. Being here in El Salvador has made me dislike animals a lot more just for how many dogs and cats there are in the streets EVERYWHERE. But enjoy it Kelsy for the next 4 months haha. jk

This week was a really fun week. We had the chance to go to the temple and that was an awesome experience that I really needed. I can tell that I am starting to come to somewhat close the end of my mission and with me about to complete 20 months it has been some crazy thoughts. So I went with the prayer in my heart that this time going to the temple I would leave super filled with the spirit and very focused on the mission. It was one of my favorite times going through the temple and just very peaceful. I left and I feel that I have seen a lot of miracles since.

On Thursday we got a call from one of the areas in my zone that some of the people that were planning on getting baptized were scared and said they didn't want to do it anymore. So me and my comp went with the missionaries out there to talk to the family. We went and I feel like from the temple we brought spiritual power to that lesson. In the end we left and they were super excited for their baptisms for this past Saturday. One of them asked that I would baptize them too. That's the picture that I sent. 8 people were baptized. An older couple, a younger couple that the mom was already a member and another family that the dad was already a member. It was an awesome experience seeing so many people in white.

Here they do something really cool where they die the color of the chickens when they are little. It is super awesome cause you will see little chicks that are purple and green and blue. I went to one of my recent converts houses and he had a bunch so I took a picture and sent it to you all. It was sweet.

It has been really fun here lately. Me and my comp have been getting along really really well lately. We are teaching a lot and teaching well. The other day we were sitting doing some planning and we were trying to decide what we should do to get the ward more excited and the stake also. Then I decided that we should do something I have wanted to do my whole mission.... A ROAD SHOW. We decided that we are going to get all of the wards to do a little play and that at the end of may we are going to all get together to do a little competition. We went to the stake presidents house that night after writing out a plan and we showed it to him and he loved it. Yesterday we went around to all the wards and talked to the bishops and presented them the idea and they all loved it. I really hope we can get this stake more focused and unified. This week we are going to go to all of the wards for their mutuals and we are going to have a cap with a bunch of bible and Book of Mormon stories that they will choose randomly and we are going to film it and the day we present the plays we are going to show the videos like how they do in American idol and stuff. All the members are super excited and so am I haha. If you all have any ideas of how to make it better let me know!

Well that is the exciting news of the week. This next month I am going to be very very involved in that and many other activities we are planning with our ward to get everyone pumped up. It will be fun. I love you all and hope you enjoy the great weather cause it is SUPER HOT here. I sweat every night when I sleep. Love you all and talk to you next week!

Elder Gillette






No comments:

Post a Comment