Monday, May 7, 2012

May 7, 2012: Transfer Number 14

Hola Familia!!!

Yep, times has already come for transfers and it creeps me out how fast time is flying by. The last 3 months here in Sonsonate has gone by so fast, but has been so much fun. We just got news that my comp (Elder Norene) Will be leaving. I don't know who my comp will be yet, but I know it will be sweet. We have great plans for the this month and we feel it will bring a lot of success.

Hey but I CANNOT believe that story already is one. That is so crazy to me. I was always so scared before my mission that the kids would all grow up and I would miss a lot of it and I would come back and they wouldn't remember me. I feel that won't happen anymore, but it is still really crazy that they are all growing up so much. Story is adorable. I don't believe that there are anymore nephew or niece birthdays until I get home which is good.

So if you can all believe it or not this week will be my LAST CALL HOME IN THE MISSION! WOW! My comp told me yesterday that we would be calling this week and I hadn't even realized it yet. It was such a weird realization that I felt. Time has gone by so fast since Christmas. So I figure I will call at 5 to mom and like 5:30 to dad. I would like to figure out stuff about school and what will happen when I get home because it will be the last time I talk to you all before I get home. And I will just do what I have done in past times and call Kristin and she can put us on conference and I will call dads phone after.

This past week was really fun though. We went around to every ward and we explained the road show we are going to do and all the rules and stuff. The all had a blast. We then filmed videos of the whole ward together and we had the bishop of the ward choose out of a hat there story from The Book of Mormon or bible. It was so much fun. We also had a great idea about a big cultural center that used to be a movie theater that is huge that is here in center Sonsonate to use for the day of the dramas. I talked to the mayor of here and he said we could use it for that day so we are super super excited for it and everyone else.

That took up most of the time of this week. I did go and visit a lot of areas and while I was in one of them I was working with one of the elders in the zone and we starting talking to this guy and found out that he used to be a Lutheran pastor and that he stopped going to church 4 years ago when he found out that his church was corrupt. Him and his family went to church and will be getting baptized this month. It was sweet.

Well I know I will have a lot to tell you all on Sunday. I love you all and get any questions you got ready so that we can use the time wisely. Love you all and take care!

Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment