Monday, May 21, 2012

May 21, 2012: Rc Bautiza hija

Hola Familia,

So this was a great week, It just went by really quick and it has been very crazy. With this week being the week of the plays it has been really super crazy this last week and I cannot even imagine how it will be in this next week. It was an eventful week and I can't believe that it has already been a week since we talked. Time will fly.

We were able to see some really awesome stuff happen this weekend. A 14 year old kid named Wilber was baptized and his friend that is 18 baptized him which was super cool. Also Armando (My resent convert of about 3 weeks) baptized his daughter named Katarin. It was super awesome and he was super nervous, but I know in the end It was a super great experience. Both of the baptisms were really spiritual and they were sweet.

Another really amazing experience is that about 2 weeks ago I went on interchanges to an area in center sonsonate and we were contacting and we contacted a guy and he didn't want very much, so I asked who would want to hear us and he said maybe his next door neighbor. We went to the neighbor and it was a really cool family. We started talking and apparently the guy used to be a Lutheran pastor, but stopped going cause he knew his church was corrupt. He liked what we said and decided he would go to church. Yesterday him and his wife were baptized and they invited me to go to it. It was so awesome! he is so powerful and will be a great member.

Other than that I was able to go to some of the areas in the zone and it was a lot of fun. This week we were in this area and the people had some type of meat and the word they called it I didn't understand. They showed me the meat and it still had claws and arms and I had NO idea what it was. They were eating it and me and my comp tried it. It was pretty good. They then showed us the shell of the animal and I realized that it was an Armadillo that I had just eaten. It was crazy to see it. Fun stuff right.

Well I have a ton of pictures I wanted to send, but the computer is being really really stupid. So you will all have to wait one week and I also believe that there will be a lot more photos from the activity. Everyone is so excited for the plays. It will be awesome.

I got to go. Lots to do. Love you all.
Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment