Monday, May 14, 2012

May 14, 2012: La Última Llamada!

Hola Familia!!!

WOW, yesterday was a lot of fun. It was great to be able to talk to you all. It really didn't hit me that I was going to talk to you all I think until Krick answered the phone. I was thoroughly caught off guard. It was fun though, but it definitely felt fast. Its alright though, we will have a lot of time to talk after my mission. I am super excited to talk to Malia more also. I am so impressed with how much she actually does talk in Spanish. I thought that she was just saying a couple memorized lines at first that she has learned, but she actually spoke well.

It sounds like the whole family is doing well though. I hope so. Everything over here has been really great. We had changes and I got my new comp and his name is Elder Tuck. He is from Durango, Colorado. He has 18 months in the mission and we seem to get along pretty well. It will be fun, but not gonna lie I was kind of hoping to have a Latin comp so that I could work on my accent for after the mission haha.  But ya I will have one whole year straight of being with gringos! crazy.

We are having a lot of success though. The other day we were walking and some people waved us over and we contacted them. It was awesome. They said they loved church and went before, but the missionaries just stopped coming. IT is a family with a mom, dad and 8 kids. They went to church this Sunday and are preparing to get baptized and married. we just have a problem with her papers and her birth certificate. It will be crazy, but worth it.

The ward is awesome and we have been working really really close with them. This activity has given me the opportunity to work with the stake really well also. i am excited for the work and for our zone.

I love you all and take care.

Elder Gillette


No comments:

Post a Comment