Monday, May 28, 2012

May 28, 2012: El Road Show

Hola Familia,

Wow, I don't really even know where to begin. I would like to say I am just happy to hear that Kristin is alright. I started reading moms poem and I was completely confused as to what was going on. I finally got it by the end and the second letter helped to understand. That is crazy what happened. I hope that Kristin can keep on doing better and will just rest. It is totally like Kristin to just try and go to the doctors by herself. I always saw her as a very independent person. It is also very cool to be over here talking and preaching so much about the priesthood and see and hear and live experiences of the power that there actually is. I have always thought Jonathan was very in-tuned with the spirit. I remember the blessing we gave to Malia right before I left and she went to rehab. There's power in the priesthood.

Well on this side of the americas it was a very crazy and stressful week. My comp right now (Elder Tuck) has the chicken pox and he got it from another missionary in the zone. So they are both in house and have been there just about the whole week and I imagine they will be there about another week. So I have been with another missionary Elder Duzett. It has been fun, but we have been having to take care of both of our areas. So we have been running around trying to do that.
   This wednesday the whole zone was invited to go and eat in the house of president Cordon and with his family for baptizing the most in april. It was awesome and we ate some pretty good food. They just barely changed houses so there new house is very very cool.
   To add onto the stress we also had THE ROAD SHOW  this week. We had to do so much stuff and I felt like I had to do it alone. I was calling up all the bishops and the stake presidency up like 3 times a day. It was crazy. The day of we had planned on starting at 6:30, but at 6 we were going to show the mormon messages. We had all this great stuff planned and it was all going really well. We had a lot of people that were showing up and the theatre we were at was super cool, but everyone was running to me complaining about stuff going wrong; the sound, the laptop, THE PROJECTOR!!! the projector was the biggest pain. My mission president got to the theater with his family and it was super cool and his wife was going to be one of the judges, but President followed me the whole time telling me all that I didn't have ready. I realized how little I knew about technology and about holding events. IT was terrible. I spent a good straight 2 hours on the phone calling people up. The projector got there at 7!!!! IT was so late and we couldn't start without it. We started directly after and it was going TERRIBLY. I wanted to pull out my hair.

Finally the first play went on. It... was. absolutely terrible. They just all went out and read the bible pretty much. I was so sad that after a month of work and all that the plays ended up so bad. It was frustrating and it was just bad. the second drama was also pretty bad. IT was the stripling warriors, but they pretty much spent the whole time killing each other. It was super violent.

The next drama went and wow.... IT WAS AWESOME!!! They made costumes and were super super creative. They did the creation and it was great. More than 50 people participated in that drama too. The other two plays were really good too and ours was the last one and it turned out SO GOOD. It was so funny and a lot of fun to do.

We ended the activity and i thought everyone was going to be super disappointed and mad that we ended so late and how bad it was. I was so surprised though by how happy everyone was after. I had so many members come up to me after and ask when we are going to do it again. My mission president told me it was a complete success and the stake president was super happy. After bugging so many people for a good month we totally saw the blessings. I feel as though it wasn't a very good activity, but somewhere the holy ghost just decided to touch the hearts of the people in the plays and the people watching. We had about 500 people go to the activity. IT was great.

Well this was a long letter. I love you all and feel better Kristin. I love you and I will pray for you. Mom and Kent, It touches me what you sent about Kent's dad. Tell him thanks for all he did to try and help the family and for his example. He is really a great man.

I love you all and take care. Talk to you next week.

Elder Gillette









No comments:

Post a Comment