Monday, June 4, 2012

June 4, 2012: Lone Wolf

Hola Familia.

I think these have been the most emotionally crazy emails I have received in my whole time here on the mission. Mom I want to start out by telling you how awesome that story is of Kent's dad. I fasted for him too this week and I hope that all gets better. I love those stories and you are right that I get to see a lot of great stuff like that happen here, but it awesome when it touches home. The gospel really is powerful.

Kylie I also loved your letter and especially what basil said after the game. It was an hilarious email. The screen shots of the cupcake wars was awesome. I can just imagine now how cool the real show must actually be. I am excited to see it.

Over here I think my weeks are just getting more and more stressing. I don't know if it is because I know the end is coming or because of all that is happening, but either way there is a lot of work. So like I told you all last week my comp (Elder Tuck) has the chicken pox. Well he is still in house with another missionary that has it. I was with another elder for a couple days, but then guess what happens? HE THEN GOT THE CHICKEN POX. Right now we have 4 missionaries in the zone with chicken pox (we also have another missionary in the zone that has kidney stones also). So we are getting like the plagues right now and it is totally effecting us. right now I don't even have a comp. I sleep in the house of some of the missionaries in the zone and during the day I leave with whatever member I can find. I feel really blessed by the help of the members. They have really come through. They started making us lunches and dinners recently. So now we have a schedule of eating which is sweet. I have gotten a lot of help from the RMÅ› and the missionaries in preparation that have left with me everyday.

It was just really stressful this week cause I had to do interviews, take the nightly numbers alone, do all the meetings we have and take care of my area and the area next to mine ( because both the missionaries in that area have chicken pox). It has been super crazy and in the end I saw very little in the progression of the zone and it is pretty tough. The nurse says they will probably have another week in house and that really scares me, but I will take on this challenge and I know God will help me. I am going to have to depend a lot on the members again and I feel like it is helping me to grow closer to them (maybe annoy them haha).

I cannot believe we are already in June. That is so crazy and time flies by so fast. I can't believe how close it is all coming. It will be interesting to see if I stay here and end my mission in this area. I believe I will and I really hope so.

Well I hope that everyone keeps feeling better. I hope Kristin is doing better and that she can keep on going. I love you all and have a great week. talk to you all next week.

Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment