Monday, June 25, 2012

June 25, 2012: Nuevos

Hola Familia,
 
Well this was a very very fast week. I didn't even feel the time go by. Sounds like Kelsy getting her teeth out was a pretty fun experience. I remember when I got my wisdom teeth out I talked about Micheal Jackson and like black people. I don't really remember all to well. I do really miss smoothies though from the states. Lucky Kelsy. Here there are smoothies, but they are just like milk with a fruit mixed in and a ton of sugar and the smoothies only cost 35 cents. They always leave you with a major stomach ache though haha.
 
The work here has been pretty good. We had a couple families that were progressing, but time showed that they were just interested in other things so this past week we went by and dropped all of our investigators that we had and we are starting up from nothing. It was kind of a hard week for that, but we found a lot of really great and positive people. I hope we can keep on finding people like we did this week. The ward has really helped us too and we have received a lot of referrals from them.

We had changes this week and it was weird to see a lot of my friends that came about the time that I did go home. It was a nice hit to reality that one day I will actually go home. It is a crazy thought.
 
Sounds to me like the funeral of Kent's dad went really well. From what I recall I don't think I have been to very many funerals. I imagine It was an amazing experience. It is really amazing how many people here have siblings or kids that have died. It is very frequent here and I think I have been able to learn a lot. It really is amazing the plan of salvation and how much sense it actually makes. I love meeting new people and right of the bat ask them, What is your purpose here on earth? or where will you go after this life? everyone here believes in Christ but it is a very simple belief and they don't know how to answer those questions and it is fun to answer them for them.
 
Well I sent you all the pictures of the waterfall and It was a ton of fun. Today we went and played basketball and it felt so good, but I got to get into better shape haha.
 
Love you all and take care.

Elder Gillette



No comments:

Post a Comment