Monday, July 2, 2012

July 2, 2012: ¿ya es Julio?

Hola Familia,
 
How is everyone doing over there? I hope all is well. Sounds like it is getting hot and I can't believe about all the fires they are having up there in the states. That definitely is super crazy. That is hilarious about the kids and there wild night with mom. It would be mom that would get all of the kids hopped up on sugar and play in the water. Hopefully none of them have developed pool burp. That was always the worst...
 
So I will start off telling you all that I talked to my president last Monday about my release date.... then he had to go to Belize and I haven't been able to talk to him since. Ya so we will all have to wait another week to know. I think I am going to give him dads address so that he can write to you and tell you so you can know sooner the exact date.
 
But enough with that. This week was a really awesome week. I was able to be a part of some really cool lessons where just the spirit was so strong. The spirit really is so vital in this work. We went to talk to a lot of families this week that the missionaries had told us before that they weren't super positive and then we went and you could just see that by doing a prayer or by going to church it had changed them a lot. It was very cool to see and to teach to a lot of very humble people. I think in the mission we have to learn an art that is very hard. A lot of people think that if we explain more, they will start to catch on. It really is true that the best teachers are the simple teachers. That is why I love so much the talks of the General Authorities. I have been reading the Ensign from the General Conference in April and so many talks are so great. The talk by Elder Holland is absolutely wonderful. It talks about the forgiveness of God and his kindness. I invite you all to read it, cause every time I do I feel something.
  
Elder Uchtdorf said something in his talk that I have had in my mind a lot, "Preaching without action, is like a fire without heat or water that doesn't quench thirst". It is so true. If we make any plan or goal or tell somebody to do something and no action is made. It was pretty much just a nice dream. I love what the prophets teach.
  
I can't believe we are already into July. It is crazy the Chase goes home this month. That will be cool. Happy birthday also to Dad this week. Lucky that you are going to Yellowstone. I love Yellowstone.
  
I also know that you all would love to do a trip and all after the mission and that is totally fine with me. I am really going to be up for anything. If you all plan something than I am willing to do it.
  
Well I love you all a lot and hope you all have a great week. Take care and have fun and ENJOY THE SUMMER!

Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment