Monday, July 16, 2012

July 16, 2012: Friday the 13th...

HOLA FAMILIA!!!
   Sounds like the family had another super successful Garage sale. Really, El Salvador is just a giant garage sale. I know if mom were to come here to El Salvador she would absolutely love it. I have learned a lot how to barter. I bargained with a lady for a 20 dollar hammock the other day and got it for 12 dollars. I was so excited. I have been sleeping in a hammock for the past month now at least.
  
This week though was a difficult week though. Things were getting better in our area by a little, but the zone is doing way good. I am really liking the missionaries that I get to work with and we saw a lot of great miracles.  My area though was struggling and we have a lot of members that are sleepers. One day everything we had fell through and 2 of our most positive investigators decided that they don't want to listen to us. It was a bad day and I felt terrible after.
  
We decided after that we had to do something huge this week and we decided to do a big activity and do a family night and invite everyone for games and piñatas. We invited a ton of people and told the members to invite a ton. It was frustrating cause the day before we went to all of the members and they all told us they had forgotten to invite their friends. It sucked. It got to the day and all of the sudden a flock of people came. We had for sure at least 150 people there. We all went to the basketball court and played some games. We played a really sweet game where you have a bucket with a quarter on the bottom and fill the bucket with like 2 inches of flour. Then the team gets into a line and you have to get out the quarter without using your hands. You go one by one blowing the flour out until you can take out the quarter with your mouth. It was so much fun and everyone loved the game. I had flour all over my face by the end. It went super well. The piñatas were super crazy like always also. It was great after such a terrible day the day before.
 
The next day in church went a family we have been teaching the family Lemus. They are awesome and I was so happy to see them. We went last night to talk to them and they were super excited. They now have the goal to be baptized this 29th of July. i am so excited for them. It was great after how bad of a day we had this week.
 
We also found a super rich family that is probably the family most positive I have ever found. They were awesome and had such great questions. I am excited to see what will happen with them.

Well It turned out to be a good week. Say hi to chase for me. That is crazy he gets home this week. Love you all and talk to you next week.

Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment