Monday, July 9, 2012

July 9, 2012: The Release Date

HOLA FAMILIA,

Hey everyone. So it sounds like mom got a little anxious this week to find out about when I will be going home. This last Sunday I was thinking a lot about what I should do in this time. I went Tuesday to the office for a meeting that we had and after I talked to president and when I got in I just knew. He asked me what I thought about my release date and I said that when I got my call that I accepted serving the 24 months and that that is what I want to do. I may not go to school, but I feel like I will be able to get a pretty good job, since everyone will be in school and I will want to work full-time and I now know Spanish I think I will be able to get a good job. So that means I will be coming home the 13th of September. Wow that is in only 2 months.
 
Anyways back to El Salvador, we had a really good week this week. I really focused in on trying to help the people. I think one thing that has been kind of hard for me to buckle up and just do in the mission is service. I mean I love doing service.. when I am doing it, but to get me doing it is the hard part I feel. So this week I made it my goal to get better at it. We ended up cleaning practically the whole house of our investigator one day and several other times we washed there dishes. It was a lot of fun and I feel like it helped us a lot get better relationships with the people.

I think I told you all about an investigator that we were teaching a while ago named Israel. He is awesome and we have about 4 months that we have been teaching him. It is probably the longest time I have taught someone without dropping them or them getting baptized. Its not that he doesn't though. He is amazing and is right now in Alma 7 and has been going to church every week the last 4 months. The thing that holds him back are a lot of things he did in his past with the word of wisdom and the Law of chastity. He used to be a drunk and all this stuff but has changed so much. We are teaching this lady named Maria now that went to church this week for the second time and she saw Israel there and was so surprised. They weren't able to talk because she had to leave really quick, so yesterday we brought Israel over to her house to teach her. IT WAS AWESOME! Even though he isn't a member, I believe I heard one of the strongest testimonies I have ever heard. I guess Israel and Maria used to be old drinking buddies and would go to the clubs together. She was in awe the whole time and It was awesome. She asked him how did he do such a drastic change and he said, "Through the atonement of Jesus Christ, Anyone can be forgiven". It was awesome. She said she will start preparing to be baptized. She has some changes to do though also.

Other than that everything has been good in the area and zone.  I am having a lot of fun and enjoying all of this time. Sounds like everyone is having fun over there too. I hope that the fourth of july was amazing. I bet the firework were great as always. Good luck also to Gennie. I am super impressed that you are going to do this triathlon. That will be sweet.

I love you all though. Have a great week and know that I now I only have 2 months so I got to use it to the best possible. Talk to you all next week.

Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment