Monday, July 30, 2012

July 30, 2012: Espíritu Santo

Hola Familia,
  Another super crazy week, with a super crazy ending. Sounds like over there everything is good. I am super jealous that the Olympics is on. I love the Olympics and I will definitely have to watch the opening and closing ceremonies when I get home. It is so sweet to see the whole world compete in sports together. I bet it is pretty fun. Sounds like it has been pretty hot. It went this whole week without raining and so it was super hot. My hands broke out in a rash because of how hot it is.
 
The work though is fantastic. We worked really hard and we saw some great fruits. The Lemus family is doing great. they were excited the whole week and they ended up getting married on friday and on saturday we went over and the mom (Vitia) was super hesitant for her baptism on sunday. In the end we were able to talk to her and she really understood, especially with the help of her husband, and in the end the both of them were baptized on sunday. Marcos(the husband) is super awesome. He is already asking us when he can leave with us to work and help other people.
 
So we are also teaching this lady named María. She is about 50 and is super awesome. She had gone to church twice and liked it a lot, but did not want to get baptized at all. On Saturday we went over and supposedly she had done something super bad to her knee and couldn't walk so she wouldn't be able to go to church. Sunday in the morning we received a call during the sacrament meeting and it was her! She said she had walked from her house and it was in a ton of pain. So we went out and we found her and she came to church. We went to her house right after all of the meetings and she told us that Sunday morning she woke up early wanting to go to church. She went to open her door and her door that can only be locked from outside was locked and she was SO confused cause she had the only key. Her daughter had to jump over to open it. She explained to us that she thoroughly believed it was the devil trying to stop her from going to church. I then told her that I thought that the devil knew she was going to do something better than just go to church. She started to tear up and we invited her to be baptized and she said yes. We told her there was a baptismal service that same day of the Lemus family and she could also be a part of it. She accepted and we called up the district leader and he did the interview and in the end she was baptized. She was so happy too. It was an AMAZING miracle.
 
We have a lot of great people progressing and I am super stoked for this area in the upcoming weeks. The only problem is I won't be here to see it all. We received the call last night for transfers and I will be leaving. I was so mad. I have been here for 6 months and it has gone by so quick and I wanted to end my mission here so bad. So for my last transfer (my last 6 weeks) I will be going to some new area. It will be a cool experience and I am excited to get to know more, but super sad to leave this area. It has been awesome.

Well I have written a lot and I will talk to you all next week. Enjoy the Olympics!



Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment