Tuesday, August 7, 2012

August 7, 2012: Turìn, Atiquizaya

Hola Familia!

Wow, This week was very weird week. I feel like I completely changed lives. It was super hard to leave Sonsonate. I loved the people there. They are all really great people. I will definitely have to visit there again after my mission. I tell everyone that I will come back one day. I have to make sure I fulfill that.

Sounds like summer is going very well for everyone over there.CONGRATS Kelsy on being the choir president. That is super cool and I imagine it will be a lot of fun. It sounds like St. George went really well also. I do miss swimming sometimes. Everyone here has big tanks of water in the backs of there houses where they take out water and I always want to just jump inside of them. Sorry that the water was so gross though. That really sucks.

So after having such a hard time leaving the area in Sonsonate I finally left and I found out that my new area is this place called Turìn in Atiquizaya. It is relatively close to one of my areas when I was in Ahuachapan. We come to Ahuachapan though to write so it is really weird to come back to the city that I served in a year ago. It is really cool to be here again and the best part is that it is a lot cooler here. It is not nearly as hot cause it is much more mountainous. That is also the bad is that we are walking up and down hills all day.

It was weird coming here and especially coming and telling people that I only have one month left. Everyone gets so surprised, but I have found that it has been an awesome experience. I am still a Zone leader which really surprised me cause I was hoping to end training a new, but I didn't get that wish. The zone has been having a lot of troubles lately and when I came here president told me that the state of the zone was critical. It is the biggest zone in the mission, but had nobody with a date preparing for baptism. So I have got 6 weeks to do a lot of work. I am EXCITED.

My area is really cool and is pretty big. It has been a lot of fun. My companions name is Elder Staheli. He is from Payson, Utah and has 21 months in the mission. I was hoping to be with a Latin my last transfer to try to get my Spanish better, but he is a good guy too. It does surprise me though how many American companions I will end with and also how few. I am happy with all my comps though. All good guys.

We had a good week though. We were able to see some sweet miracles in my area in the zone. We are teaching this lady and her 2 kids. The 2 kids have gone to church twice, but the mom hasn't wanted to go. This week we brought a lot of members and had some great help from of recent convert and she ended up going to church with her two kids. We went after church with the recent convert, the bishops wife and also President Cordon (ya he called us up and came and worked with us for 2 hours and it was great) and in the end she and her 2 kids decided they will be getting baptized the 18th of this month. We also were able to talk to another girl who has a couple attendances and she will be getting baptized this Friday. It was an awesome lesson.

The zone is slowly getting better too, but we hope we can give good examples and the others will follow. That is what Christ did.

Other than that not much. Tomorrow I complete 23 months. crazy right? I got a lot of work to do.

Oh dad just so you know these were my areas and in what part I lived in and maybe that guy will know.

- San Muguelito and in the San Rafeal in Santa Ana
- In El Ivu by El Arco Duran in Ahuachapan
- Sensunapan in Sonsonate
- and now in Turìn.

Love these places.

Well the secretary just called me asking where I would like to land and I told him the Hawaii airport if that is alright? JK I told him the Salt Lake Airport. You should be receiving a call from him this week.

Well love you all and take care!

Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment