Monday, July 23, 2012

July 23, 2012: John 10:16

"And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd." - John 10:16

Hola Familia,

Crazy week up there in the states it sounds like. Everybody here has heard about the shooting that happened and they keep asking me why the states are so crazy. Then I just kind of stare at them and ask them the same question. They are very funny people the El Salvadoreans. But it still does sound super crazy what that guy did and my comp right now is from Colorado so he was interested to find out where it happened, but in the end he lives like 7 hours from Denver.

So that is really weird that Chase is already home. I can't even imagine how it will be when I see kelsy. I imagine it will be an interesting experience. That is really cool that Dani is going to have a baby. i didn't know that, but that is exciting.

Everything here has been going really well, except for the weather. It is super super hot during the day and then in the night it just pours. Both of my pairs of shoes now have wholes through them. It is pretty intense.
 
The week though went really well and I really enjoyed it. We are teaching some really great people. I told you all a little about the Familia Lemus. They are great. A young couple that we are teaching and this week we went with so many members. The family is really excited, but they played a mean joked and when we got there they started saying that they didn't feel like they could be baptized and how his work was really hard. Then they both started laughing and were like, "Just kidding, we are totally going to get baptized the 29th." They are awesome and they have a little 3 year old kid named Jorge that is the man. I love that kid.

So I also told you all briefly about the super rich family that we found last week and this week we were able to go back and teach them again. And they are AWESOME! The dad's name is Jose and it is a family of 5. They are all really chubby even down to the 4 year old daughter. The dad said our first visit that he has been wondering his whole life why Christ never came to the Americas and why he only loves Jerusalem. We explained The Book of Mormon and he loved it. We shared John 10:16 and he LOVED that scripture. We went back another day and he said the day after we talked he got all of his employees together for a meeting (He owns many shoe stores and a plant that makes all of the shoes, so he said he will repair my shoes for free, which he said is about 300 workers) and said that he read that scripture for the meeting and explained about The Book of Mormon. I was in awe.

The family went to church and they loved it we gave them like an hour tour of the chapel with the bishopric. It was awesome and he asked when he could get baptized. He and his family will be getting baptized the 29th also. I am so excited for this weekend. It will be fun.

Well other than that not much else. It has been fun this week here, except for the whole cough I have had this week. I know it is from the super weird weather. I can't imagine what my body will do when I come home to the super dry cold weather. I feel like I am just going to fall apart.

I love you all and have a great week.

Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment