Monday, June 11, 2012

June 11, 2012: 21 Months

Que tal Familia,

I never can believe every week when I come back to this internet cafe to write and I realize how FAST time went by. It is super crazy. I always love hearing from you all though. The pictures of Story's birthday are awesome. They are so professional and story is so adorable. It is always fun to see pictures of the family.
  
KELSY IS ALREADY DONE WITH JUNIOR YEAR!!! wow, that really was a crazy reality when you told me that mom. I can't believe that and how fast time went by. The next time school starts up... I will be going to school.
   
Summer starting up means the best is to come. Summer is awesome. We are just starting the rainy season here and this past week it rained so hard that on of the bridges was overrun and we couldn't go to one of the parts of my area. I got home SOAKED that night. It happens a lot here. The worst part is that during the day it is super super hot and then at night it pours. Sounds like the weather is great right now over there. I imagine you all have great trips planned out and all. Dad when you wrote me saying you are going to go to Yellowstone it reminded me that the other day I was with a member here and we were walking and I was telling him about all the places I have been and I tried explaining to him Yellowstone and I had no idea. There are no deer, elk, wolves, fox, moose or even bears. So it was cool telling him all the animals up there. I then tried to explain to him what a bison was and he had no idea. I could just say that it was a bull with a very huge body and a gigantic head. It was funny. Then to top it off trying to explain a geyser was pretty sweet. A pit that shoots out water way up in the sky. Cool stuff.
  
Over here we have still had sick people. I had to go this whole week with members and it was pretty tough, but it is going a lot smoother. The good thing about all this is that I have gotten a great relationship with the members and they have started helping a ton. This Saturday we planned a day to go and visit and we got all the leaders to go and visit with us and go to our recent converts. It was awesome and I really saw some great support. We left after visiting the families and the bishop was saying we will do this now every weekend. I think we all felt the spirit through showing genuine interest in the people and that they were able to dedicate a little time.
  
It was a good week even though I didn't have a comp. We have a lot of investigators and we had a new family go to church and they really liked it. They live pretty far away, but they have good hearts.
  
A great thing that happened is that in the middle of church this week I got a call that my comp could finally leave and start working again. So yesterday, after 3 weeks of going without a comp, I finally got a comp. We then were able to work all day and since I had already planned to leave with members we left with them anyways and it made the lessons even better. We have planned out activities all throughout the week with members already and I have a feeling it will be a great week.
 
 I decided this past week that I am going to dedicate myself a lot better to what I am doing in these last months. Like I did before I left for my mission I made a bucket list, I have also made one for here. I have goals like perfect my Spanish, finish Jesus the Christ, and eat as many pupusas as possible. I need to get all that I can out of this experience.
 
Well I love you all and hope you all are having a good time up in the great summer weather. Also enjoy the playoffs. The bishops son here is like my best friend. He is always giving my updates on the NBA. He told me last night that it will be Oklahoma verses heat and hope that the Thunder win. Durant and Westbrook are awesome. Enjoy watching those games. I imagine they will be good ones.
 
Love you all and talk to you all next week.
 
Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment