Monday, June 18, 2012

June 18, 2012: El Salto

Hola Familia,
  
So I don't have a ton of time write now to write a ton, but I thought I would fill you all in with all that is going on. We just got news of transfers and it looks like I will be staying here for another transfer. I am super excited and that probably means I will end my mission here which is crazy. I love the ward so I am excited about that.
  
This week we had a meeting with one of the Presidency of the 70 and we went to San Salvador to see him and on the way I had one of the most interesting rides of my life. We were driving and all of the sudden I heard a thump and we all starting looking around. I looked back and I saw a guy rolling on the ground and he got up and starting running away from us. WE HIT A GUY! It was so random and the bus just sped up . That is so El salvador. Then about 10 minutes after the guy who was helping the driver decided to throw out all of our pizza boxes out the door while driving in the middle of the freeway and while he was throwing them out one of the elders who was sick ran to the door and started to throw up. It was a very funny seen.
  
Other than that we just got back from going to see a water fall that is called El Salto. It took all morning and that is why I am writing so late. I forgot my camera cord but I took some really cool pictures. This country really is beautiful. 
  
It still keeps on raining a lot and my shoes are now demolished. My heavy duty shoes now even have a whole in them. It is crazy, but they will still last me until I go.
   
Well it is good to here that the family is good. It has been good to hear all that has been happening with kent's dad and to here how strong he has been. I always teach something here that I have always believed and here in the mission I have come to understand it to a whole new level. God is a God of order. I love the scripture in D&C 122 verse 9. Everything always happens for a reason. I really feel like that scripture applies to all that has happened. Love you all and take care.
 
  Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment