Friday, September 10, 2010

1st Letter

Hey mom it's your elder!

They were suppose to let me write last night, but the computers were slow and they had to get 500 missionaries through. It was a crazy day. You dropped me off and my friend derek egan was there when I turned around and it was good to see a friendly face. I went and got my name tag and all. We did an investigator simulation thing which was really cool and also had some speakers speak like the MTC president. I totally was dozing off the whole time and I think I got caught by the presidents wife haha. My companions name is Elder Koller and he is a really cool guy. He is from Payson and has just been fun. We are actually like the missionaries in your ward and have 3. Elder Steele is also one of our companions too. He will only be ours for about 3 weeks cause he will go to the Guatemala MTC. It was nice unpacking and meeting our zone leaders who seem really nice.

I thought for a second I couldn't do 9 weeks of being in here. But I woke up today and felt so good. I really believe I can do this. Today has been so much easier and they say get through sunday and you will be fine. Today we have been learning a lot of spanish. We learned to say prayers in spanish and bare our testimonies. Our teachers are really nice and I actually got to class like and hour early yesterday so i got to just get to know them. But everyone here is really nice and I am excited to get done with the next 9 weeks I have here. They expect me to leave on november 8th. The food here is surprisingly good and it's all you can eat. I am gonna gain so much weight.

I have talked to a couple people who know missionaries in El Salvador and Belize. They say you are lucky to go to belize cause only like 20 missionaries do at a time and it's about a 3 day drive. I also heard the west side of belize is much better. The east got hit more by the civil war, but I heard that from nathaniel oswald who I saw today and works here.

I got here and realized I forgot a couple things. Could you send me my jazz shirt or dr. pepper one and a pair of white socks. I bought everything else I need, but I can't really buy those.

Well I need to go to class, but Se' que la inglesia es verdadera. Se' gue Jesucriso es un salvador y Thomas S. Monson es un profeta y es un solamente profeta verdara. Se' este cosas porque ode' y la espiritu dice me es verdad. I said I know this church is true. I know that Jesus Christ is our savior and Thomas S. Monson is a prophet and is the only true prophet and I know these things because I read the scriptures and the spirit has told me it's truth. I love you mom and thanks for all the support. Tell the family I love them and I miss them and couldn't read there letters last night or i probably would've shed a tear.

Your son and missionary.
Elder Gillette

1 comment:

  1. Daniel! I am so happy for you! You are going to have the time of your life! There is nothing like serving the Lord 24/7 and feeling the spirit work in your life. What an inspiration you are to all of us! We love you! Aunt Wendy

    ReplyDelete