Tuesday, September 21, 2010

September 11th, 2010

Hey madre,

Its my P-day so I thought I would write. I don't have to much time, but thought you would want to know how the past like 2 or 3 days have gone since I last wrote. We just got done playing some intense 4 square actually haha. But everything around here has gotten easier. The spanish is coming to all of us quickly and we have already gotten down most of the first lesson and we do it to an "investigator" on monday. We actually did it today to some missionaries who have been here only a week longer than us and they are so far ahead of us. It made us realize how much you learn everyday. We have been making the most of our time and tried everything we can to become better spanish speakers. It has been fun.

Elder Koller has been fun to work with and we get along great. We both know how much we both wanna learn the language and bring people to the gospel. We worked really hard yesterday when we had a 4 hour break to try and get down contacting people in spanish and giving them a message then on our discussion.

I was also going to tell you that the other day I went to my branch presidency meeting and they talked to us for a bit and then our zone leaders did. Then our branch president, President Lloyd, interviewed us all. He asked me about my family and what I like to do. Then he asked me to bear my testimony. I thought it all went really well. He came out after he interviewed everyone and called me back in and asked me to be the district leader. I was quite suprised. I was nervous that I wouldn't be a good enough example for the others or be able to handle everything, but I just felt to accept it. I am really excited now though. I will go in for training on sunday and am excited cause I already love my district. They are such good guys and are very different. It definitely has already made me into a better person for sure.

Say thank you to the family and tell them to write me letters with their address cause I will write hand letters to them. But I love you all and I really feel the support.

Love your son and elder,
Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment