Tuesday, April 12, 2011

April 11, 2011: Feliz Cumpleaños

Hola Familia!

Wowowowowowow! I am officially 20 years OLD!!! Crazy huh? I feel so strange. It is really hard to believe actually. I had someone we met on my birthday ask me how old I am and I was like "Ninet... TWENTY!" It felt so strange. I am not a teenager anymore. Only one more birthday to go in the field. Crazy stuff.

It was a pretty crazy week though. Super fast. We contacted a group of guys this week and they were really nice and we shared a message and talked a little bit. We got on to the subject that my birthday was this week, but we talked to them Wednesday so it was still before my birthday, and decided that Friday (cause we already had plans Saturday) we were going to bring a cake and they were going to bring the soda and we were going to have a little birthday party.

We passed by Thursday and they were all stoked to have the birthday party. 2 of them brought there dads and friends to meet us too. It was awesome. We gave them each a Book of Mormon and said we would pass by the next day.

Friday came and we invited our elders quorum president to come and eat cake with us and the investigators. We got the cake and everything and ate and it was a lot of fun. I sent some of the pictures that we took this week.

On my birthday birthday on Saturday I really didn't do anything different. We ate chicken pot pies that our cook made that were way good and then cake with this awesome family. After I pulled a ¨Daniel¨and got sick haha. I am all good now though.

Well I was thinking about Gennie and Asher this week. People that it was awesome how me and Asher shared the same birthday. I was telling my comp how mad I was when he was first born and now I love the stinking Ash-man.

Although I do want to hear what you all did for Gennie and Ashers b-day's? nobody told me. All I heard about was the craziness with Kylie (which I hope the baby can wait those like 2 weeks) and about all the snow. Which I really wish you would all share. This week it started to rain, so it has started to be more humid. This next week and the week after (which the week after is a holiday here called Semana Santa and nobody has work or school for the whole week) are the hottest two weeks of the whole year here. So I need to get myself prepared. I have been drinking so much water lately.

I am still learning a lot of patience over here. My comp is a really really great guy and really nice, but he has a problem of copying the exact words that I just said and the exact same scripture too, but he doesn't really know the scripture so he kind of butchers the scripture in the end. I talked to him about that after one of our lessons and he said he hasn't realized he has copied all that I said. I am really trying to help, but it is hard.

I feel like I don't have all to much to say this week though. We had some really good lessons and we are learning to be better. I went on exchanges this week with one of our Zone Leaders and he is from Peru. Pretty awesome guy but he is like 5 feet tall haha. He is going to end his mission this next month which is crazy to see people that I know end there missions.

Speaking of which. I already have 7 months in the mission!!! Wow that last month went incredibly fast I can't even believe it haha. The time is going so fast.

Well I am going to try and send a cd with all my pictures this week. Cause my SD card is full right now of a whole bunch of videos and pictures.

Almost done with the BOM also. I am starting Moroni tomorrow.

The other day a guy tried to bible bash us and in that lesson I realized I can really speak this language!

Well not much other. Sorry this is so short, but I love you all and hope that your weeks are great. Good luck Kylie with the baby. Talk to you all later!

Elder Gillette





No comments:

Post a Comment