Tuesday, April 12, 2011

April 4, 2011: General Conference

Hello family,

Wow another general conference already over. The 10 hours were super super super fast. I swear I sat down and they were gone. They were a lot longer at home. The conference was awesome though. A lot about marriage I thought. Temples also.

So this week was really up and down. We found some pretty positive people and also had to drop some people. 3 of our most positive investigators have a friend who decided to show them all anti-Mormon stuff. So now they just have a TON of questions. Like they say in UT there is a golden temple underneath the temple in Utah were we worship the devil and Moroni. I don't know they are crazy now. But we will keep trying and praying for them.

This week also, my backpack that was way awesome and comfortable, was having problems and in the end the shoulder strap snapped. Kind of sucked, so I am going to try and find a new back pack today or a new strap. We will see.

Other than those two things, everything has been going really good. I was teaching an investigator the other day about the bible and we were having a really great conversation, but he asked if I have read the whole bible and I haven't so I said no. I lost all of the confidence in him. So I started the bible this week... in Spanish! I actually read now faster in Spanish then in English. I read about 6 chapters every morning in the bible. I want to finish it in a couple months. I am almost done with Genesis right now. Interesting stuff.

This morning we went and played soccer against some of the other zones. It was super fun, but SUPER hot. it is getting humid here right now and it is always hot. I am in one of the colder areas too. I cant even imagine how it is a bit further. Last night I was sweating all night.

But we had one investigator come to conference. I was kind of hoping for more, but at least someone came and she is pretty awesome.

The best thing that happened this week is we are teaching erik ascencio right now about the priesthood. He came Saturday night to the priesthood session of conference and I got to sit by him and watch it. I like wanted to cry. Just the change I have been able to see in him and his wife. I loved how conference talked so much about marriage cause I think it helped them. It was just a really cool experience to sit next to someone that you guided to this place. I imagine that is what it is like when you go to priesthood session with your son.

I really liked the talk from Sunday I believe in the afternoon, about the difference between be and do. Luckily I got to watch this one in English, cause I wouldn't of understood it in Spanish. It had a lot of great examples and helped me understand that really I need to start Being better and if I do that i will DO better. DO is a symptom of BE.

I did really miss those donuts this week though. Our cook said if mom sends the donut recipe to me she will make them for us. SO mom if you would send that that would be awesome.

OH YA. I didn't even know April fool's was this week til just now when you all wrote me about that. Crazy that it went so fast. Sounds like it was a crazy fun one for everyone. Well just crazy for some haha.

This conference was the first time my back has hurt since coming out here. Just from sitting down to much it kind of sucked.

OH ya somebody asked me and the sun is crazy. I don´t know if you have seen how tan I have gotten. Luckily I don't get burnt. Only once I have gotten burnt, but the mosquitoes out here are crazy though.

Well I think that is it. Fun week, I cant believe this week I will also complete 7 months and the day after 20 years old!!! Crazy. Well love you all and be safe. Read the scriptures they are awesome. talk to you next week.

Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment