Monday, March 28, 2011

March 28, 2011: "La Familia"


¡Buenas!

Hello everyone. This week was another crazy fast week here in independencía. I can't even believe I have already had almost 2 weeks here. It sounds like everything is going good over there. I can't even believe the Final Four. That is really crazy. I was thinking about that the other day. How I am already on football season down, almost done with a March Madness, and then the NBA season. After that all I will practically be done with one year out here and I will do it all over again.

So this week was a lot of fun actually. We worked a lot with the members and they are all getting excited. I don't know if I ever told you all about the Familia Ascencio, but they are awesome and I am going to explain the story of them. We found them like 2 months ago in trebol (by a miracle). We were guided by the spirit for like 15 minutes and after that time we finally knocked on a door and it was the door of this guy named Erick Ascencio. He said he didn't know anything about our church and it was the only church he really didn't know too much about and wanted to know more.

We didn't come back for like 2 weeks cause really at the time he didn't look to positive and they were like never in there house and super hard to find, but in the end we finally went back when we felt it was right. We found them and taught him and his wife (Carolina) and their son Daniel (Who is 4 years old). We continued to teach them for a couple of weeks and they started to have a lot of questions about the book of Mormon as they were reading it.

They went to church and actually the dad accepted a baptismal date, but the mom was a bit harder and never wanted to do the prayer. Finally we found out that we were going to have changes and leave and we told them and they were super sad. They told us how grateful they were for all we did and that the day we found them they had been searching for a new religion and had felt like they had found it until we came to the door.

I told them I was going to like central part of Santa Ana and they were Like "No Way!" They told me they have a house in that area and that's why it was so hard to find them at times. They gave me there address and everything so I could teach them here still. In the end of this lesson the Mom finally prayed and it was awesome.

I went the next week with Elder Medina and a member from my ward. It was another awesome lesson and through a lot more ups and downs, finally on Saturday we went and did the baptismal interview. While the dad was getting interviewed the mom told me that they were on the edge of divorce and that this gospel has really helped them with their relationship. We had brought them to a Family home evening with this awesome family and they loved it.

This Sunday I had the privilege to baptize them both. It was the best experience. I hope to see them in the temple in a year.

Well that is really the highlight of this week. We found a lot of people and have continued to contact like crazy. I have started to actually make friends here so that has been fun.

I just got an e-mail from Alex Diaz and I can´t believe he is already in the Philippines. Also the picture of Kylie. Wow that baby must be a big baby, cause I don´t remember Kylie being that big with Basil?

I have really had to learn a LOT of patience this week with my comp, but it is all good.

Well I got to go, but I love you all so so much. I can´t believe this week we will start April. CRAZY.

Well love ya all and talk to you next week.

Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment