Monday, March 7, 2011

March 7, 2011 "Contacting"

HOLA FAMILY!

Hello family, how are you all doing up there in the states? I know the answer is great. Sounds like everything is going good from all the emails unlike last week and its craziness. It is nice to here now that I have a famous sister that was on TLC. Congrats Hilz! Sounds like all that hard work is really paying off. I loved the pictures that you sent of you. HEY ALSO! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BASIL (in 2 days)!!! I cannot believe he is going to turn 4 this week. It blows my mind. I love those stinking kids. Siempre yo digo a personas que yo los amo a mis sobrinos con toda mi corazon.

But this week was full of a bunch of crazy crazy contacting. We did hours and hours of it and we found the most interesting people ever. Last night we went with a member named marvin and we were over in Los sentimientos where it is is all tin houses and stuff. We found this guy who is a less active member, but his whole family isn't members. We start talking to him and we come to find out quickly that this guy has a big testimony of Joseph smith. Like HUGE. He starts telling us how in order to talk to God we must go through José Smith and all. Then he says "Gracias por llegando a mia casa y compartiendo esta mensaje. José smith esta viendo ahorita a nosotros" which means thanks for coming and sharing this message. Joseph smith is watch us right now. Me and Elder Bonilla looked at each other and were like... uh this is wrong haha. He was a really nice guy just needs help knowing whats what.

That night though we were asking Marvin who he knew that we could contact and he said he knew this girl so we went there. We knock on the door and there is this old man and he is just staring at the tv and right as we knock he glares right at us. He is like 6 feet tall and big and probably was in the wars here from how he was. He comes over and starts to talk to us and seriously doesn't blink at all. He just is staring with his eyes gigantic. I say my name and he says in english "Nice to meet you", I then joke around and am like "Hey you can speak english too!" we laugh for about 2 seconds then he stops laughing and glares at me and says "No mas de esto." Which means "No more of this" with a total straight face. We were all shut up real quick. He definitely gave me a little fear haha.

Ya those were just 2 of the many many interesting ones we had. There were a lot, but I don't have much time to write all of them. This week though we have been working our butts off though. I cannot believe we are already into March. It blows my mind. WOW I will complete 6 months tomorrow. That is crazy.

Well I hope you all liked the recording. Sounds like it, but it is nothing to be sad about. That day was a little harder, but I am glad you all liked when Elder Bonilla talked. He is really trying with English right now, but really struggling though. We all laughed about when Elder Stone talks and how retarded he sounds haha. But I am really glad you all got it cause I thought it wasn't going to work.

I thought I would tell you Dad and Debbie that I got the calender and you are right. I LOVE IT! seriously you both know how much I loved it at your house. I look at it like everyday and it has already been really useful. We had the ZLs over one night and it was the night I received it so everyone was looking through it and we were all laughing at the pic that we are making pupusas and Elder Stone looks retarded in that also. He was like "Great your fam thinks i am like way retarded haha".

Also Joff I received the Hand towel and the letter and all. Loved that too thanks. My comp absolutely loved the little candy and stuff from basil. They don't do that stuff here for valentines day so he thought that was way neat.

Mom you should tell Sister Yaggi thank you, thank you, Thank you! She sent me a little package with the ward newsletter and a pack of licorice and a letter and it almost made me cry. It was so stinking sweet of her.

What else? oh I was thinking this week of the things I liked the most in the packages thus far as of thing you could buy and that I need. Hilz I loved the Dill pickle sunflower seeds. I still have them and like savor them for when I need something good. More would be sweet. Also when Joff, you sent me some pens and it was like the highlight. I need good pens.

Well I am still hammering through El Libro de Mormón and am in 3 nefi 4 as of right now. So I am pretty close to done. I also picked back up this week Jesus the Christ and wow Has that opened my eyes. So many things have just been popping up in that book and I am only 100 pages in but it has already helped my testimony so much. I encourage all to read it, although it is a little more difficult.

Well that is really all. The next time I wrute you, We will know about changes again. I can't even believe another change has already passed. I have to give it all this week cause I could go, but I really doubt it. We will see.

LOVE YOU ALL and I am always praying for you. I hope this week is amazing. Talk to you next week!

Elder Dano Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment