Monday, March 14, 2011

March 14, 2011: "Independence"

HOLA FAMILIA!

How are you all doing back in UT? Good? good, well this week was crazy, crazy, CRAZY! My comp decided to go a little wacko this week and that was a little sucky so we had a couple bumpy roads this week. He still isn't the most obedient person para nada. But in the end we ended this week really really well.

Saturday of this week after a whole bunch of troubles and all and E. Bonilla knew he was leaving this area(because we have transfers this week) he wasn't working as hard as he could and was kind of slacking. So Saturday I sat him down in the morning and tried to pump him up for the work. Cause really I was going to give it all and I wanted him too also. We decided to do divisions all day. So he promised me he would give it his all and I promised him if he did he would be happy.

So we left and I went with this kid José Romagoza who was a ton of help. We saved 2 baptizmal dates and put 3 more. 2 of which we are going to marry. We found this sweet family and ran our butts off. I gave it my ALL Saturday. In the end of the night we met back up and E. Bonilla looked depressed and I was like shoot, he didn´t give it his all. So they start saying that they didn't find anything and it wasn't that good but they gave it their all. I told them what we did and really how it was my all. I ended up buying the two kids who helped us pupusas for all they did and they loved that.

We got back to the house and talked about the day. It was hard cause really I didn't feel he gave it his all, but he said he did although he is known by everyone as a liar.

Yesterday at church I saw a miracle. There is this family of Recent converts named the Polanco family. They got baptized in august of last year and are awesome. But the mom (Amelia) has been going to church with them since they started going. She has come to church for the past 7 months and even bore her testimony last week in church and everyone said it was powerful, but she still doesn't want to be baptized. Everyone is trying with her.

Friday and Saturday of this week the ward took a trip to the Temple in Guatemala and the bishop paid for Amelia to go also cause she wanted to (Although she can´t do anything). And WOW you really can put your trust in the power of the temple. She went and talked to someone there and felt that finally she received her answer. She is going to be baptized the Saturday!!!
We are also teaching this family(Acencio Family) and we found them by pure spirit about a month ago. We have been teaching them and yesterday they came to church with us. We have worked so hard with them and at the end of church they told us how much they liked it. We put a date with them for the 27th of march and they accepted and are way excited.

K, So now onto the big news. Our zone is having transfers like crazy this change. Both me and E. Bonilla are leaving trebol and Las Aradas and they are putting in Hermanas. I heard I was leaving and I was like thinking I would go somewhere far, but then they told me Independencia, Modelo. I am staying in my same zone. i just move like 3 miles down the road. My area is Santa Ana central. A whole bunch of stores. It will be an interesting change. My comps name is Elder Medina. I don´t really know anything about him, but everyone has been telling me I have better spanish then him and he is a gringo. This area has been known to be really hard and I have actually done a zone activity to contact there. But I am not scared. I am excited to get started. We actually have a chapel too which is a first. We meet in the Stake Center.

But that is pretty much my week. Kind of crazy ya. This week I will be switching everything. But thank you all for the letters and I pray for you all and love you all. Hasta pronto

Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment